Trados Translator's Workbench is not Running
Thread poster: amatos amatos

amatos amatos
Local time: 14:25
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Mar 15, 2008

I have a laptop with Windows Vista Home Basic and Office 2003. I have just run Trados 6.5 (legal) and everything was fine.

I have created a new TM and when I started to translate the document, a message appeared saying that the Translators Workbench is Not Running.

Any idea of what I can do to solve the problem?

Thank you so much.

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 15:25
English to Czech
+ ...
Upgrade to 2007 Mar 15, 2008

If TW is open indeed and this message displays, I think it is necessary to upgrade to Trados 2007 because this is the only version that officially supports Win Vista.
But be quick, because from April 1 upgrades from 6.5 to 2007 will no longer be available and you will have to purchase the 2007 version at the full price.

[Upraveno: 2008-03-15 10:14]

Marcelo Silveyra
United States
Local time: 06:25
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Try the following Mar 15, 2008

Uninstall the program and reinstall it using the "Run as administrator" (or the equivalent in whichever language you're using for Vista) option. To display this option, simply right-click on the Setup file (it'll be one of the first options displayed). I can't guarantee that it'll work, but that's how I got my version of Trados (7.0) to work on my system, and it works perfectly.

Mariëtte van Drunen
Netherlands
Local time: 15:25
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Additional solution option, same strategy Jul 4, 2008

You can also simply logg in as system administrator in Windows, you don't even have to log off. Just select the option Start, Log off, Change user and select a user that has system administrator privileges. There you should be able to register your copy of Trados, after which, if this was the problem, the problem should be solved.

This worked for me.

Kind regards,

Mariëtte van Drunen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Translator's Workbench is not Running

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search