langnet  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 04:10
Member (2002)
Italian to German
+ ...
May 12, 2003

Question:

Would it be possible not to show the new GlossPost entries on the forum main page? Today, there\'s been a large number of new glossary entries posted with the GlossPost feature so that all other forum postings were no longer visible in the home page forum section. Well, personally I found this a little bit annoying.

Suggestion:

- create an extra \"page\" with direct access from ProZ.com Home to view all new GlossPost entries

- implement an e-mail notification system similar to KudoZ (\"GlossPost alert - a new glossary link has been posted\") This would prevent the main page forums section from beeing inundated by GlossPost notifications.

All the best, you\'re doing a great job, it can only get better!

Nikita Kobrin  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 05:10
English to Russian
+ ...
Re: GlossPost entries shown on the forums main page May 12, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-05-12 17:26, langnet wrote:

- implement an e-mail notification system similar to KudoZ (\"GlossPost alert - a new glossary link has been posted\") This would prevent the main page forums section from beeing inundated by GlossPost notifications.

Though I was one of the initiators of GlossPost entries showing on the forums main page I agree with langnet that today we have too many of them.

And I support his/her idea about an e-mail notification system similar to KudoZ - I think that will be an ideal solution.

Regards,

Nikita Kobrin

Maria Eugenia Farre  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 23:10
English to Portuguese
+ ...
It's a bug May 12, 2003

Hi everyone,

It\'s a bug and will soon be fixed. Please disregard.

Thanks for your patience,

ME

langnet  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 04:10
Member (2002)
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for this info! May 12, 2003

Still, an e-mail notification feature wouldn\'t be such a bad idea icon_smile.gif.

Just an idea...

Cheers!

Claudia

Maria Eugenia Farre  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 23:10
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Notification feature Feb 22, 2004

langnet wrote:

Still, an e-mail notification feature wouldn't be such a bad ideaicon_smile.gif.
Just an idea...

Cheers!

Claudia

Hi Claudia

We'd love to have a notification and URL requesting feature. It's in the plans, not sure when it's going to be implemented.

ME

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

GlossPost entries shown on the forums main page

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search