https://www.proz.com/forum/site_forums/120643-how_many_poll_questions_are_in_the_queue.html

How many poll questions are in the queue?
Thread poster: wonita (X)
wonita (X)
wonita (X)
China
Local time: 18:16
Nov 14, 2008

I made several poll suggestions in the past months. So far only one poll question has appeared, almost 3(!) months after its submission.

Can any staff member tell me, if it is not your business secret, how many poll questions are in the queue currently? How long does a poll suggesion have to wait, in average, before it appears?

[Edited at 2008-11-14 13:04 GMT]

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 19:16
SITE STAFF
Poll suggestions: a lot! But keep them coming... Nov 14, 2008

Hello Bin,

First, thanks for submitting poll suggestions. There are currently 1,826 poll suggestions (and counting) waiting in the queue. Staff try to get to as many as possible, but due to the sheer number of suggestions, you shouldn't expect each suggested poll to appear on the homepage promptly, and not all polls will be used. Romina posted regarding selection criteria for the poll
... See more
Hello Bin,

First, thanks for submitting poll suggestions. There are currently 1,826 poll suggestions (and counting) waiting in the queue. Staff try to get to as many as possible, but due to the sheer number of suggestions, you shouldn't expect each suggested poll to appear on the homepage promptly, and not all polls will be used. Romina posted regarding selection criteria for the polls here: http://www.proz.com/post/836597#836597 . Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Jared
Collapse

wonita (X)
wonita (X)
China
Local time: 18:16
TOPIC STARTER
In that case, Nov 14, 2008

Jared wrote:
Hello Bin,
First, thanks for submitting poll suggestions. There are currently 1,826 poll suggestions (and counting) waiting in the queue.
Best regards,
Jared

a few of my poll suggestions can not make their turn before my membership expires. Do treat my suggestions kindly, because I am a member when I make them.

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 19:16
SITE STAFF
Of course Nov 14, 2008

Hi Bin,

No problem, and don't worry-- once you've made the poll suggestion it will not be removed based on your membership status.

By the way, I do hope you decide to renew! If you haven't seen http://www.proz.com/campaign/professional yet, have a look.

Best regards,

Jared

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How many poll questions are in the queue?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »