Forum for problems related to hosting
Thread poster: EmilyLyng (X)

EmilyLyng (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:57
Norwegian to English
+ ...
Jul 3, 2003

I was not sure whether to post this here, or in the suggestions forum, but anyway, I was wondering if it would be possible to set up a new forum for hosting problems. I have found most of the answers I required in the Tech suppport forums, but this can mean going through seven pages of mostly unrelated technical problems. Just a thought....

Emily

EmilyLyng (X)  Identity Verified
Norwegian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ok, thanks Jul 4, 2003

Ok, no probs, although I was actually thinking of a forum specifically for those who are using the ProZ hosting.

Thanks for the quick response though

Emily

sylvie malich
Germany
German to English
Emily, I think you've got a great idea Jul 4, 2003

Emily Lyng wrote:

...I was actually thinking of a forum specifically for those who are using the ProZ hosting.

Why not? I recently encountered a problem when trying to upload a ProZ member's site and I couldn't access the help pages because I haven't personally taken advantage of this hosting service. Although I was able to get the answer quickly by email from support, my client wasn't able to know what to look for to remedy the problem: She was completely overwhelmed by the help page.
And I'm certain she isn't the only one.

Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Turkish
+ ...
I don't think it's that "off" Jul 5, 2003

so that it's professionally important for us freelance translators to have a web site, and that ProZ.com supplies hosting as well... why not? Well, I admit I'm being selfish, but personally I feel that I have a lot to learn on this and it'd be great to read the ideas, tips, advices, problems and solutions of the colleagues here. I'm not sure if one can find such a cooperative atmosphere elsewhere, and it's also important to get tips and info about creating a translator's website from other translators again. After all, wasn't Proz.com "by translators, for translators"?icon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Forum for problems related to hosting

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search