Can I add my open glossary entries to my personal glossary with delay?
Thread poster: Ildiko Santana

Ildiko Santana  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:41
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...

Feb 5, 2010

Dear Members,
Although I've been a member of ProZ for many years, I just recently noticed the little checkbox next to the term when adding a new terms to the Open Glossary (which I always do) that says "Also add this term to your personal glossary." I have entered a rather large number of terms over the years. Is there a relatively easy way to add all those (old) entries currently in the open glossary to my personal glossary? If my question is redundant, I apologize and ask that you share the link to any previous discussion.

Thank you!
Ildiko'

Direct link Reply with quote

Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
No 'semi-automatic' option is currently available Feb 6, 2010

Hello Ildiko,

I apologize for the delay in my reply. I am afraid there is no 'semi-automatic' way to add terms you have entered into the KOG (KudoZ open glossary) to your personal glossary except for adding them manually, one by one.

To add new terms to your personal glossary, simply click on "Enter terms" in your personal glossary page and complete the entry form.

Hope this helps.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Regards,

Lucia

United States
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Lucia Feb 6, 2010

To add new terms to your personal glossary, simply click on "Enter terms" in your personal glossary page and complete the entry form.

Thank you very much for your speedy response.
Have a great weekend!

Ildikó

United States
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
glossary entries "edited" (not really) Feb 8, 2010

Lucia wrote:
I am afraid there is no 'semi-automatic' way to add terms you have entered into the KOG (KudoZ open glossary) to your personal glossary except for adding them manually, one by one.

Well, it was rather tedious, but I finished adding all the terms that I have previously only entered into the KOG. Revisiting a few of them, however, I noticed that a brief note appeared at the bottom on the page, "edited by ildiko" - this happened on all of the entries. So, my apologies to those who happen to see these notes and wonder what has changed. These "edits" were merely to enter them into my personal glossary...

Regards,
Ildikó

P.S. While going through dozens of entries that had long been closed, I noticed one with an incorrect language pair (Hun>Eng) that should have been Hun-Hun, so I corrected it. Within seconds, I received an email notification of a "new" question. Like I said, this was a KudoZ question previously *closed*. (My colleagues were probably puzzled why they received the email that points to a very old page.) Perhaps a little tweaking is needed so that no notifications are sent out about closed questions?

Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Have you saved such notification? Feb 15, 2010

Hello Ildikó,

I apologize for the delay in my reply. Regarding the KudoZ notification you received after editing the language pair of an entry, would you mind submitting a support request and providing a copy of such notification (if you have not deleted it yet)? Also, it would help support staff to look into this further if you could tell the exact steps taken before receiving such notification.

Many thanks in advance.

Have a great week start!

Regards,

Lucia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can I add my open glossary entries to my personal glossary with delay?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search