Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 05:34
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Apr 19, 2011

When I initiate a thread I will get e-mail notifications of all postings. But it should be possible to de-select e-mail tracking. Often the initial poster has lost already interest but the discussion goes on and on and every time a mail drops in.
Could that be fixed, please?

Kate Chaffer
Italy
Local time: 04:34
Member (2009)
Italian to English
Uncheck the box Apr 19, 2011

Go to the thread in question. On the right-hand side there is a box called Email tracking. Uncheck the box next to All Posts then click Save Changes.

Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hope it helps Apr 19, 2011

It should read "Stop e-mail tracking". Don't you thing so?

Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Forum settings Apr 19, 2011

Hello Heinrich,

As Kate says, you can stop tracking a specific forum thread by de-selecting the checkbox next to "This topic" in the 'Email tracking' box available to the right of all forum threads.

Or else, you can simply stop tracking a thread by de-selecting the checkbox next to it in the forum settings section, http://www.proz.com/dashboard/forum/?sp_forum_mode=tracking_threads

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Lucía

Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It was not checked Apr 19, 2011

That's what irritates me. The box was unchecked, but I get e-mail all the time. Now I checked the box, and let's see what happens now.

Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
This is unchecked too Apr 19, 2011

This thread should be selected for e-mail notification when I view it, but it is not. So there is a bug in the system.

Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 04:34
Member (2004)
English to Polish
Topic starter Apr 19, 2011

When you start a topic, you always get notifications, no need to turn on tracking (or way to turn it off). I believe it is a feature and not a bug, as it has been discussed before.

If you feel the discussion has went completely off-topic, you might notify the moderator and ask to lock it down, as it is specifically forbidden (not that I am a fan of that rule).

Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Logically Apr 19, 2011

If you start a thread, notification is on and the box for e-mail notification is unchecked. So if I want to stop the e-mail, I cannot uncheck the box, because it is unchecked.
If I select the box, e-mail stops, and the thread appears on the dashboard.
To my logic it should be the other way round.

Now I have set a checkmark for one of my threads, and only that thread appears under http://www.proz.com/dashboard/forum/?sp_forum_mode=tracking_threads

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to stop tracking forum threads

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search