Suggestion: Future responses by email if you have posted on a topic
Thread poster: David Jessop
David Jessop
David Jessop  Identity Verified
Laos
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 21, 2004

I could not find this possiblity but could be mistaken. I don´t always have the time to read all the forums but like to know where the conversation goes if I have made myself a part of it. It would be helpful to have the option to receive email notifications of future responses to a thread in which I have participated. To my knowledge, notifications are only sent to the original poster of the topic. A thought.

Thanks
... See more
I could not find this possiblity but could be mistaken. I don´t always have the time to read all the forums but like to know where the conversation goes if I have made myself a part of it. It would be helpful to have the option to receive email notifications of future responses to a thread in which I have participated. To my knowledge, notifications are only sent to the original poster of the topic. A thought.

Thanks for a great site!

David
Collapse

Stefanie Sendelbach
Stefanie Sendelbach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:07
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Email Tracking Jul 21, 2004

Hi David,

You'll see this option when you have a forum post open. It is normally in the top right corner. Just tick the box and click on the Update button and you'll receive an email notification of all posts on this specific topic.

Cheers,
Stefanie

[Edited at 2004-07-21 02:35]

Juan Jacob
Juan Jacob  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 13:07
French to Spanish
+ ...
Absolutely! Jul 21, 2004

I'd like, as David says, to know what's going up with a topic in wich I've been involved... nothing right now... could it be possible to do it like in KudoZ questions? (I think so, yes).

David Jessop
David Jessop  Identity Verified
Laos
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jul 21, 2004

I should have seen this myself! Thank you.

David

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 15:07
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
... and you can also track a whole forum. Jul 21, 2004

For instance if you want to track all what happens in the Spanish forum you go to the page in which you see the latest Spanish topics and you select either "all posts" or "new topics". Don't forget to update your options.

Claudia

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 13:07
English to German
+ ...
Still missing Jul 21, 2004

David Jessop wrote:
I should have seen this myself! Thank you.
David

You can see this check box only when you open the thread. After you posted or edited your posting, the check box is no longer available. To display it again, you have to go back to the home page and open the thread from there again.
I suggested to change this a month ago:
http://www.proz.com/topic/21796

[Edited at 2004-07-22 05:55]

Cecilia Janhammar
Cecilia Janhammar  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 21:07
English to Swedish
+ ...
RSS Jul 22, 2004

I would actually love to have an RSS-feed for all updates or messages of my intress comming my way instead of getting the full notification in my inbox.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Suggestion: Future responses by email if you have posted on a topic

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »