Why am I only seeing 2 pages of forums?
Thread poster: Tom in London

Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:28
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Sep 12, 2015

I must be doing something wrong. When I go to the discussion forums (where I see all the topics I've selected to follow) I only get 2 pages. How do I move on to page 3, page 4, etc.?

 

Teresa Borges
Portugal
Local time: 21:28
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I see the same! Sep 12, 2015

Page 1 says 1, 2, next, and then it ends (suddenly) on page 2! Has it always been like this? I'm not sure...

 

Teresa Borges
Portugal
Local time: 21:28
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I have just noticed another hitch! Sep 12, 2015

All translation jobs are Spanish to English...

 

Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
This has been on the to-do list since quite a bit of years Sep 12, 2015

and there have been several discussions about this. Improvements were promised but then this issue must have fallen into oblivion.icon_mad.gif

 

Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:28
Member (2008)
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
:( Sep 12, 2015

icon_frown.gif

 

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 22:28
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
You can see only 2 pages of "recent" posts Sep 12, 2015

Tom in London wrote:
When I go to the discussion forums (where I see all the topics I've selected to follow) I only get 2 pages. How do I move on to page 3, page 4, etc.?


If you're looking at the category "most recent posts", you can see only two pages. However, if you visit the subforums' pages individually, then you can see all posts (or at least dozens of pages).


 

Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
Sep 12, 2015



[Bearbeitet am 2015-09-13 08:07 GMT]


 

Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:28
Member (2008)
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks but Sep 13, 2015

Samuel Murray wrote:

Tom in London wrote:
When I go to the discussion forums (where I see all the topics I've selected to follow) I only get 2 pages. How do I move on to page 3, page 4, etc.?


If you're looking at the category "most recent posts", you can see only two pages. However, if you visit the subforums' pages individually, then you can see all posts (or at least dozens of pages).


Thanks Samuel, but what I would like to be able to do is see multiple pages of *all* the forums to which I am subscribed.


 

Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:28
Member (2008)
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Progress? Sep 21, 2016

Has there been any progress with this?

 

Viviane Marx  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:28
German to Portuguese
+ ...
No Sep 21, 2016

I still have only two pagesicon_frown.gif(

 

Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:28
Member (2008)
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Too many virtual conferences Sep 30, 2016

Viviane Marx wrote:

I still have only two pagesicon_frown.gif(


And now all these virtual conference notifications are pushing everything else out of sight.

Is there something users can do so that we see ALL pages of discussions and not just the most recent TWO?


 

Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:28
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Just click a few more buttons! Sep 30, 2016

Tom in London wrote:

Viviane Marx wrote:

I still have only two pagesicon_frown.gif(


And now all these virtual conference notifications are pushing everything else out of sight.

Is there something users can do so that we see ALL pages of discussions and not just the most recent TWO?


Sorry Tom, please read the thread of Samuel again. If this is the level we are going to, it is sad!

[Edited at 2016-09-30 21:54 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-09-30 21:56 GMT]


 

Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:28
Member (2008)
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
I don't understand Oct 1, 2016

I don't understand the statement "if you visit the subforums' pages individually". My point is that I want to see multiple pages right here, not just two. I used to be able to do that, but not now.

 

CafeTran Training
Netherlands
Local time: 22:28
Perhaps there is a technical reason Oct 1, 2016

Tom in London wrote:

I don't understand the statement "if you visit the subforums' pages individually". My point is that I want to see multiple pages right here, not just two. I used to be able to do that, but not now.


Perhaps there is a technical reason, but if not, it'd be nice to be able to go back in time endlessly. I agree with you on this, Tom.


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why am I only seeing 2 pages of forums?

Advanced search






Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search