Is there a way that I can subscribe to old threads and see them stored somewhere?
Thread poster: sorchio
sorchio
Germany
Local time: 11:42
English to German
Jun 13, 2005

Hi,

While reading the forums I come across quite a few helpful threads. Is there a way that I can subscribe to old threads and see them stored somewhere, so I can go back to them? I could only find the *notify me of new posts*-function. Or is that the same?

Thank you for your time

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
FAQ Jun 13, 2005

Hi Rebecca,
Have a look at the relevant info in the Forum FAQ.

HTH, Ralf

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 05:42
SITE FOUNDER
We don't have a way of doing that yet Jun 13, 2005

sorchio wrote:

While reading the forums I come across quite a few helpful threads. Is there a way that I can subscribe to old threads and see them stored somewhere, so I can go back to them?

Unfortunately we do not have a way of doing that yet. I will make a note for future consideration. Thanks!

sorchio
Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
as Henry said: no such thing yet - but I found a good alternative (for now) Jun 13, 2005

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Rebecca,
Have a look at the relevant info in the Forum FAQ.

HTH, Ralf

I checked the FAQ before and I believe it only refers to new threads or posts. The threads I wanted to *subscribe* to are old (2002 etc.) and unlikely to have new posts added anymore, hence the present notification system doesn't work.

As Henry said now, there is no such thing (yet). I found a more than acceptable alternative for the time being: safe the link in the favourites folder. I just didn't do it in the first place because usually there appears some cryptic title in the name box. But, what a pleasant surprise, when you safe a thread of these forums you get the full name of the thread plus the forum name in brackets.:)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a way that I can subscribe to old threads and see them stored somewhere?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search