Alt text for forum images
Thread poster: Samuel Murray

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:02
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Aug 19, 2005

I regularly surf without images because I'm on a slow connection. I generally get by because I know the site's layout and I know what link sits where.

However, when viewing the list of "Most recent posts" every day, I have to enable images because those little coloured folders don't have any alt text.

I suggest having the alt text "new", "old", "hot" and "locked" added to those images. It would enable me (and others not using images) to see which thread contain new posts.

However, please do not add the full text, eg "New Posts since your last visit" to these images, because on some browsers the text does not wrap, and that will cause the images to display so wide that the rest of the page is pushed off-screen.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Alt text for forum images

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €415 / $495
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €415 / $495 / £325 / ¥60,000 You will also receive FREE access to our getting started eLearning program!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search