My post has not been published in the forum
Thread poster: Adrián Morgollón (X)
Adrián Morgollón (X)
Adrián Morgollón (X)
Local time: 11:48
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 21, 2006

My post has not been published in the forum. I sent it twice without konwing it but it does not appear in the forum. Can anyone tell me why

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 07:48
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Some posting require approval Apr 21, 2006

Postings from site members and from non-members users with verified identity are immediately visible.

Posting from non-member users without verified identity must be approved by a moderator (generally the moderator responsible for the relevant forum) before they are made visible.

Regards,
Enrique

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 05:48
Spanish
+ ...
Forums FAQ Apr 21, 2006

Hello mandu,

Posts from users take a while to show on the forums. They have to be checked by a moderator first. But that usually take a few hours.

"4. Are forum postings vetted?

Forum postings from platinum members and members with verified identities appear immediately. Postings from non-platinum members are checked before being made visible. Most postings are vetted within 12 hours."
... See more
Hello mandu,

Posts from users take a while to show on the forums. They have to be checked by a moderator first. But that usually take a few hours.

"4. Are forum postings vetted?

Forum postings from platinum members and members with verified identities appear immediately. Postings from non-platinum members are checked before being made visible. Most postings are vetted within 12 hours."

Claudia

[Edited at 2006-04-21 15:33]
Collapse

Adrián Morgollón (X)
Adrián Morgollón (X)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Apr 21, 2006

Thank you to both of you

Stefanie Sendelbach
Stefanie Sendelbach  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Invisible threads Apr 21, 2006

Hi all,

I don't know if this applies to this particular case, but in the last few days some forum threads have not been accessible. They appear in the list on the home page, but when I click on them, I get an empty screen. Has this happened to others, too?

Here are two exam
... See more
Hi all,

I don't know if this applies to this particular case, but in the last few days some forum threads have not been accessible. They appear in the list on the home page, but when I click on them, I get an empty screen. Has this happened to others, too?

Here are two examples:
http://www.proz.com/topic/45215
http://www.proz.com/topic/45403

Can others see these threads?

Stefanie

[Bearbeitet um 2006-04-21 21:52]
Collapse

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
It would appear that all forum posts are now being vetted Apr 21, 2006

For the first time today, my forum posting did not appear, and I received a message saying that it had to be vetted first. Of course, it could be a technical error.

I am a paying member, and have had my ID verified a long time ago - so the rule in that regard cannot apply.

I would be quite interested to know whether the message I received is a technical error or part of a new policy.

Astrid

P.S. This one did appear immediately now, but my post
... See more
For the first time today, my forum posting did not appear, and I received a message saying that it had to be vetted first. Of course, it could be a technical error.

I am a paying member, and have had my ID verified a long time ago - so the rule in that regard cannot apply.

I would be quite interested to know whether the message I received is a technical error or part of a new policy.

Astrid

P.S. This one did appear immediately now, but my posting in another forum 5 minutes ago received the vetting message, so I guess it is a technical fault in the software somewhere.

[Edited at 2006-04-21 21:48]
Collapse

Jalapeno
Jalapeno
English to German
Me too Apr 22, 2006

Stefanie Sendelbach wrote:

Hi all,

Here are two examples:

Stefanie

Same with we, Stefanie, I can't see those threads either. And there were some more over the last few days.

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 12:48
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Must be a technical bug Apr 22, 2006

Astrid's postings doesn't require any vetting and I too can't see the mentioned threads- blank pages only. (Moderators should see them, if they were unvetted or hidden.)

Uldis

Astrid Elke Johnson wrote:

Astrid

P.S. This one did appear immediately now, but my posting in another forum 5 minutes ago received the vetting message, so I guess it is a technical fault in the software somewhere.

[Edited at 2006-04-21 21:48]

[Edited at 2006-04-22 10:42]

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Reported bug Apr 22, 2006

Hi

The invisible threads are related to a new option when you send a Support Request. There's the option "Make a suggestion" and when somebody uses it it goes to an Admin forum for Staff, only visible to them, but the title remains visible in the Home page. It has been reported already.

About Astrid needing vetting, it happens sometimes that people who don't need vetting for forums (VIDed or members) are blocked automatically by the system because in their post there is
... See more
Hi

The invisible threads are related to a new option when you send a Support Request. There's the option "Make a suggestion" and when somebody uses it it goes to an Admin forum for Staff, only visible to them, but the title remains visible in the Home page. It has been reported already.

About Astrid needing vetting, it happens sometimes that people who don't need vetting for forums (VIDed or members) are blocked automatically by the system because in their post there is forbidden name (either software, competitive site...). Never for a longtime, normally, unless there's something against forum rules.

Claudia
Collapse

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
My post was quite neutral in language Apr 22, 2006

There were no names or references of any sort in the posting concerned - only ordinary English words.

However, bugs do occur sometimes, and I suppose that is quite natural since the site is so sophisticated and complex these days. I am sure we do not mind a few bugs, if they are the by-product of an interesting and varied site.

Astrid

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
It is an error Apr 23, 2006

Stefanie Sendelbach wrote:

Hi all,

Here are two examples:

Stefanie

Hi Stefanie,

You're right, it is an error. These threads contain suggestions and are meant for staff only, they should not be shown in the home page. I will notify our technical guys.

Regards,
Enrique

Heidi C
Heidi C  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:48
English to Spanish
+ ...
Post not yet approved Nov 29, 2006

Hi Enrique,

made a post this morning on the poll forum, and got this notice: "Post not yet approved".

This was odd, because it has never happened to me before.

As the forum has no moderator, I picked one and asked if there was a problem...

But the moderator responded that everything was fine and that she had approved my post and that there was no problem.

Later, she wrote to me telling me that there might be a mixup and to wri
... See more
Hi Enrique,

made a post this morning on the poll forum, and got this notice: "Post not yet approved".

This was odd, because it has never happened to me before.

As the forum has no moderator, I picked one and asked if there was a problem...

But the moderator responded that everything was fine and that she had approved my post and that there was no problem.

Later, she wrote to me telling me that there might be a mixup and to write to you here.

Could you please check what's going on?

Thank you,

heidi
Collapse

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Is it this one? Nov 29, 2006

Hi Heidi

Is it this posting?
http://www.proz.com/post/463430#463430

You didn't need vetting for this one, so I think it could be a glitch or an automatic block that happens with some words (although I can't say which words can be in your posting).

If it doesn't happen again, don't worry. If it does, send a Support Request.

Regards

... See more
Hi Heidi

Is it this posting?
http://www.proz.com/post/463430#463430

You didn't need vetting for this one, so I think it could be a glitch or an automatic block that happens with some words (although I can't say which words can be in your posting).

If it doesn't happen again, don't worry. If it does, send a Support Request.

Regards

Claudia
Collapse

Heidi C
Heidi C  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:48
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks Claudia Nov 29, 2006

thank you,
thought I was on probation or something....

see you,

Heidi

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My post has not been published in the forum

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »