A good German-Spanish dictionary?
Thread poster: Ruben Berrozpe (X)

Ruben Berrozpe (X)  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
Jun 19, 2003

Hi, I'd like to get your opinion about a good general German-Spanish dictionary to buy. I have absolutely no hints so as to which one is best right now.

Thank you!!!

Ruben

[Edited at 2003-07-03 12:13]

Egmont
Spain
Local time: 10:15
Afrikaans to Spanish
+ ...
http://europe.eu.int/eurodicautom Jun 19, 2003

Ruben Berrozpe wrote:

Hi, I'd like to get your opinion about a good general German-Spanish dictionary to buy. I have absolutely no hints so as to which one is best right now.

Thank you!!!

Ruben

xxx xxx
Local time: 11:15
Slaby/Grossmann ? Jul 3, 2003

Ruben Berrozpe wrote:

Thank you!!!

Ruben

That's a very good questionicon_wink.gif

I still use Slaby/Grossmann, "Wörterbuch der spanischen und deutschen Sprache / Diccionario de las lenguas española y alemana" from 1975! along with Langenscheidts Handwörterbuch (Müller/Haensch, 19th edition 1984). I bought Slaby/Grossmann during my studies simply because it was much more complete than Langenscheidt. There might be newer editions of both diccionaries but as far as I know, Langenscheidt has not managed to publish a "Großwörterbuch" which I would buy immediately (the German-French Großwörterbuch is quite useful).

If you were into legal texts I would recommend Becher, "diccionario jurídico y económico". It lists so many "normal" terms that I almost do not need the other diccionaries any more!

Good luck!

Diane

Ruben Berrozpe (X)  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you!! Jul 3, 2003

Much more than I expected really!
I'll take down notes for all of them (including the previous - and very useful - www reference).

Take care,

Ruben

Diane Keller wrote:

Ruben Berrozpe wrote:

Thank you!!!

Ruben

That's a very good questionicon_wink.gif

I still use Slaby/Grossmann, "Wörterbuch der spanischen und deutschen Sprache / Diccionario de las lenguas española y alemana" from 1975! along with Langenscheidts Handwörterbuch (Müller/Haensch, 19th edition 1984). I bought Slaby/Grossmann during my studies simply because it was much more complete than Langenscheidt. There might be newer editions of both diccionaries but as far as I know, Langenscheidt has not managed to publish a "Großwörterbuch" which I would buy immediately (the German-French Großwörterbuch is quite useful).

If you were into legal texts I would recommend Becher, "diccionario jurídico y económico". It lists so many "normal" terms that I almost do not need the other diccionaries any more!

Good luck!

Diane

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A good German-Spanish dictionary?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search