Thread poster: Samuel Murray

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 10:05
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Sep 4, 2003

I don\'t see Ecco by Primatrans on the list of CAT tools. Can the Proz staff add it for us (and introduce it into the cat fight)? The URL is http://primatrans.tripod.com/ecco/. The interfase looks a lot like OmegaT\'s, but apparently Ecco can work with MS Word files in addition to plaintext files. Does anyone know this product? The user manual is a bit user unfriendly, but hopefully I\'ll be able to form my own opinion in a few days (the trial version is 60 days).

Direct link Reply with quote

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Let's add old tools Sep 5, 2003

It seems it is supported by NT 5.0 and 4.0 but most of functions are unavailable in several other Windows versions.

I see your point. Perhaps there can be a seperate page in the CAT section with brief descriptions (and/or links) to "old", "outdated" or "historic" tools. I agree that not many people are still stuck with old operating systems (only 5% of my web site visitors use W95, although 51% of them uses W98 and W2000), but such a page would certainly be interesting.

xxxMarc P  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
Old Sep 5, 2003

Tayfun Torunoglu wrote:
Perhaps it needs some updates.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it...

it does not open in XP pro (but I do not try much yet).

...let Microsoft do that for you! (Break it, that is!)

Marc

[Edited at 2003-09-05 12:16]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any comments on Ecco by Primatrans

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search