Latest group buying offer for Trados 6.5 on proz - what would it mean
Thread poster: Steffen Pollex
Steffen Pollex  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:50
English to German
+ ...
Sep 22, 2003

Hi folks,

you may have seen the latest TGB offer for Trados 6.5. Freelance on Proz (so-called "fire sale").

When I registered to purchase this stuff (advertised for USD 605 plus taxes), I saw the following:

"Product: TRADOS 6.5 Freelance $605 (w/ Multiterm 2003 and 6 months ProZ.com platinum membership)
Quantity: 1
Shipping charge: 0.00 $/ˆ
I was notified by: ProZ.com
Total: 120 ˆ (~136 USD)".

Now I am in doubt what the "120" in excess of the sales price would mean.

Does it mean I have to pay 605 sales price plus 120 for whatever kind of "value-added service" or so? The more the offer is promising "no shipping charge" as well.

Thanks for any suggestions
Steffen

[Edited at 2003-09-23 07:18]

Direct link Reply with quote

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 13:50
SITE FOUNDER
A mistake! Sep 22, 2003

The price is $605 (or 605 euros), plus tax depending on your area, payable to TRADOS.

You get: TRADOS 6.5 (better Excel and Powerpoint support), MultiTerm 2003, 6 months of ProZ.com platinum membership (added at the end of your current period, if you are now a member), and free shipping. The purchase has to be made by Friday, in order for TRADOS to ship by Tuesday, which is the end of their fiscal quarter and the reason for the unique "fire sale".

No additional charges apply, unless your country adds some tariff on imports. This should be nothing, or small.

The sale is via TGB: http://www.translatorgroupbuying.com

Steffen Pollex  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for clarifying, Henry! Sep 23, 2003

Thank you for clarifying, Henry!

Suzanne Blangsted  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:50
Danish to English
+ ...
Group Buying Offer Sep 23, 2003

And is there going to be a group buying offer for the "New Trados" that is coming out in November? If yes, what price? I have never participated in any of the group bying through Proz as I usually have the "stuff" by the time the group bying is posted. This time I am interested in finding out if and when we will see this new version in the group bying and at what price.

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
T6.5 is the new version Sep 23, 2003

Hi Blangsted,
The current offer on TGB is for Trados 6.5 Freelance which, according to information on TranslationZone, is the latest version to be released in November.

The offer on TranslationZone includes a short-term delivery of T6FL, with T6.5 scheduled to arrive in November - Henry, can you confirm that the TGB offer has the same features?

Best regards, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Latest group buying offer for Trados 6.5 on proz - what would it mean

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search