Quark Xpress 8 or 7: anyone interested in buying a copy?
Thread poster: milena ferrante
milena ferrante  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:56
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 13, 2010

Looking for any discounted Quark Xpress or for anyone interested in buying a copy and sharing expenses.

My aim is to learn to use the software - I am not planning to work on it so I think a group buying is allowed. The price is too high for me since I will not use it for professional work only to edit my own fanzine.

Please let me know,

Milena

Direct link Reply with quote

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sharing expenses Jan 13, 2010

Hm... Are you sure sharing one single license of the software among two or more people is authorised by the software manufacturer? To me it looks like a somewhat impossible thing.

Valentina_D  Identity Verified
English to Italian
+ ...
Maybe Jan 13, 2010

Milena had this option in mind:

http://8.quark.com/2for1/

Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Quark should be cheaper Jan 13, 2010

yes I saw the option and it's definitely ok. However, I think that if you use the software as an amateur and not for professional work you can share your licence with other people. That's at least what Italian court established when a similar case was brought to court. If it's for private use only you can use a software even without a licence.

at the same time, what about the extremely high prices of any software which I think are not compared to the overall income you might get when working with it?

Should buyers accept those prices or should they complain about it and start a class action against software producers?? I know that software comes after a great deal of research, but I work hard myself and yet I don't make so much money.

tiny wrote:

Milena had this option in mind:

http://8.quark.com/2for1/

Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:56
English to German
+ ...
Why does it have to be QuarkXPress? Jan 13, 2010

That's like buying a Lamborghini to go grocery shopping.

Have you shopped around for other, less sophisticated software, such as Publisher or similar?

Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
quark is better than publisher Jan 13, 2010

for two reasons:

1) quark cannot be compared to publisher as far as graphic features are concerned. it is much better and magazines look much more professional.

2) I will be able to use quark professionally in the future if I need it - at that point and only at that point, after I have learned and had some experience with it by editing my own work, I will buy a full licence.

Nicole Schnell wrote:

That's like buying a Lamborghini to go grocery shopping.

Have you shopped around for other, less sophisticated software, such as Publisher or similar?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Quark Xpress 8 or 7: anyone interested in buying a copy?

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search