Free Resource: CatsCradle Translate web sites without worrying about the HTML code.
Thread poster: Yuri Dubrov
Yuri Dubrov
Yuri Dubrov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 00:07
English to Russian
+ ...
Nov 13, 2003

Hi

another good FREE software for translating websites!

CatsCradle is written for professional freelance language translators and translation agencies - a dedicated web page editor that makes it very easy to translate web pages from one language into another.

CatsCradle grabs all the text that requires translating from a web page, puts it into a built in editor for you to translate alongside, then automatically integrates your translated text back into the
... See more
Hi

another good FREE software for translating websites!

CatsCradle is written for professional freelance language translators and translation agencies - a dedicated web page editor that makes it very easy to translate web pages from one language into another.

CatsCradle grabs all the text that requires translating from a web page, puts it into a built in editor for you to translate alongside, then automatically integrates your translated text back into the web page -leaving all the sensitive HTML code untouched. To check all's going smoothly you can instantly preview your work in progress in a web browser at the click of a button. There’s even a real-time view where you can see the web page evolving as you translate. And it's free!

Not TESTED.
DOWNLOAD HERE!
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stormdance/downloads/catscradle.exe or here
http://www.stormdance.freeserve.co.uk/

Special Features Include:

A multilingual GUI in 8 languages (Afrikaans, Deutsch, English, Espanol, Francais, Hungarian, Italian and Ukrainian).

Built in Glossary that can suggest appropriate words and phrases while you are translating.

Built in Translation Memory System.

Project file catalogue with word count (can produce word counts for whole folders of web pages).

As well as web pages CatsCradle can handle .hhc and .hhk help contents and index files, so it's suitable for translating .chm help files too.
Collapse

Martine Etienne
Martine Etienne  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 23:07
English to French
+ ...
I have tested Catscradle Nov 13, 2003

I have discovered Catscraddle thanks to another Proz member some time ago and I always use it to translate web site also I owe Trados 6.

A wonderfull and free way to help to translate without caring about tags.

Try it, you will adopt it.

Martine

sylver
sylver  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:07
English to French
Cats cradle - Test review Nov 15, 2003

I have heard lots of good about that software, so I decided to give it a try.

I just ran a short test to see how it deals with different issues, and I must say, it can really be a mess: It cut the segments at each change of formatting!!!

For those who don't know what that means, consider the following sentence:

The XYZ printer is network enabled.

Can't be easier, right? Well, Catscradle will ask me to translate "the", then "XYZ" t
... See more
I have heard lots of good about that software, so I decided to give it a try.

I just ran a short test to see how it deals with different issues, and I must say, it can really be a mess: It cut the segments at each change of formatting!!!

For those who don't know what that means, consider the following sentence:

The XYZ printer is network enabled.

Can't be easier, right? Well, Catscradle will ask me to translate "the", then "XYZ" then "printer is", then "network", then "enabled".

Then when done, here is what the output sentence looks like:

L'XYZ imprimante réseau activée.

Hell NO! It looks nice to work with, but until the segmentation issue is solved, be REAL carefull.

No Catscradle for me, no thanks. I am a big boy and if I want to mess up my files, I can do it myself.

More seriously, if you do use it (I strongly advise against it) make sure you check every bit of the final file. You could have some funky surprises.

[Edited at 2003-11-15 15:46]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Free Resource: CatsCradle Translate web sites without worrying about the HTML code.

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »