Bruno Depascale  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:41
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
Jul 22, 2013

Dear colleagues,
I just wanted to signal you a new device, which has been recently released in the Market: i'm watch. http://www.imsmart.com
It is a watch that has many features of common smart-phones. I have still not bought it, but I am very interested in it.
It is a device completely designed and manufactured in Italy with top materials.
I look forward to your opinions.
Bruno

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Apps? Jul 22, 2013

Bruno Depascale wrote:
I just wanted to signal you a new device, which has been recently released in the Market: i'm watch. http://www.imsmart.com

Does Trados run on it?

Bruno Depascale  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
yes! Jul 22, 2013

Samuel Murray wrote:

Bruno Depascale wrote:

Does Trados run on it?

It could seem strange, but it does have apps..
It is a medium-high profile product and has good reviews in the italian blogs and forums.
The problem is: who needs it?

Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Spanish
Colapse Jul 22, 2013

Bruno Depascale wrote:

Samuel Murray wrote:

Bruno Depascale wrote:

Does Trados run on it?

It could seem strange, but it does have apps..
It is a medium-high profile product and has good reviews in the italian blogs and forums.
The problem is: who needs it?

Could I have a stroke if I try to see what time is it with my Google glass in the I'm?

icon_biggrin.gif

Anton Konashenok  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Russian
+ ...
Nothing new Jul 23, 2013

Watches with built-in mobile phones have been available for several years from obscure Chinese manufacturers. This one is only "smarter". Now, the question: why combine the uncombinable? I can certainly imagine various uses for a device strapped to my wrist, but a phone is not among them. Using it without a headset would require me to take it off the wrist or to do some strange contortions to bring it to my ear.

Anna Spanoudaki-Thurm  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2009)
German to Greek
+ ...
Quality? Jul 23, 2013

They certainly did not care much about the quality of the translation of the web page into Greek. My guess: cheap translation portal.

LilianNekipelov  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:41
Russian to English
+ ...
I don't think I would have any use for such a device Jul 23, 2013

I hardly ever use a regular smartphone, or a conventional watch, so this combination does not really appeal to me at all. I'd rather buy another good laptop number 5, with an excellent keyboard, first of all.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The watch smartphone

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search