https://www.proz.com/forum/smart_shoppers/8228-translator%5Cs_intuition_anyone_familiar_seems_expensive.html

Translator\'s Intuition - anyone familiar? Seems expensive.
Thread poster: Barnaby Capel-Dunn
Barnaby Capel-Dunn
Barnaby Capel-Dunn  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:36
French to English
Feb 3, 2003

I see that this CAT tool distinguishes itself from its rivals by claiming to conduct searches at the word level instead of at phrase or segment level. Is anyone familiar with this tool? If so, how does it compare to Trados, etc.? It seems horrendously expensive.

As someone who finds the current batch of CAT heavyweights too complicated and unproductive for my particular needs (generla purpose freelancer working in a variety of fields), I find the sales pitch of Translator\'s Intuition
... See more
I see that this CAT tool distinguishes itself from its rivals by claiming to conduct searches at the word level instead of at phrase or segment level. Is anyone familiar with this tool? If so, how does it compare to Trados, etc.? It seems horrendously expensive.

As someone who finds the current batch of CAT heavyweights too complicated and unproductive for my particular needs (generla purpose freelancer working in a variety of fields), I find the sales pitch of Translator\'s Intuition enticing... but that price!
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 18:36
SITE FOUNDER
There is a 'lease' available Feb 3, 2003

It is possible to pay for TI on a monthly basis. Contact Tim Hunt, the developer, for details and a demo.

Domenica Grangiotti
Domenica Grangiotti  Identity Verified
English to Italian
+ ...
I used it for one of their projects Feb 3, 2003

and my first impression was good.

Hanry is right, you can pay it by monthly instalments on a lease basis. Tim Hunt is very helpful and friendly. He\'ll take the time to explain.

One comment: it certainly deserves its name because it took me more time to download it than to learn its basics. Worth the expense, in my opinion.

Ciao.

Barnaby Capel-Dunn
Barnaby Capel-Dunn  Identity Verified
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Feb 3, 2003

Many thanks to both of you for your comments and advice.

All the best

Barnaby

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translator\'s Intuition - anyone familiar? Seems expensive.

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »