PractiCount & Invoice - What does it do?
Thread poster: Monika Coulson

Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:34
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
Feb 6, 2003

Dear All,

What does PractiCount & Invoice do? Just counting the number of words in a file or folder? I tried to download a demo version from them, but I was not able to do it...

I am considering buying one, since I am having a hard time with keeping up with invoices (only yesterday I spent almost 4 hrs preparing some really outstanding invoices.) I want to make sure that it will work for me before I decide to buy it. For example, if its main benefit is counting (words, lines, characters etc), then it might not be that helpful for me, since Trados 5.5 that I use does this very easily.

Thank you very much for your time and input with this question.

Have a nice day everyone

Monika

Direct link Reply with quote

Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:34
German to English
+ ...
What it does! Feb 6, 2003

PractiCount has two main functions, it counts words, characters or lines in all sorts of different files (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, HTML, etc.) and then uses this information to create an invoice based on customer information you have entered. This is all part of a single process, so all you need do is select the files, press the button, and it will tell you how much to invoice. It will even prepare the invoice for you if you want.

I have found it incredibly useful, primarily because of the batch counting functions. But if you\'re invoices are normally based on Trados counts, it may not be as useful.

If you\'ve not had any luck downloading the demo, contact them through the website. I\'ve always found their support responsive.

BTW, I am in no way associated with Practiline software

Regards

Mary

PS Forgot to mention. The later versions do have a match counting function, but I\'ve not used this. I think you enter your rates for fuzzy matches, repetitions, etc. and the numbers of different words, and it will do the rest.

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-02-06 17:41]

Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:34
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Mary Feb 6, 2003

I contacted them and they said that their demo version will be available soon.

Monika

Trudy Peters  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:34
German to English
+ ...
Agree with Mary Feb 6, 2003

I find batch counting most useful. It also gives you the opportunity to save/print a list of all the files in cases where one job consists of dozens of files.

Trudy

Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 19:34
English to Dutch
+ ...
Does a lot more than simply counting words Feb 23, 2003

in all types of files.

As stated on their site:

Now comes with word count in PDF, import/export of the client database, match calculator for invoicing jobs based on fuzzy matches, and more than 20 other improvements and new features!

I used it for several months now and very recently upgraded to the business edition.

In short,I can highly recommend it.

[addsig]

labbey
Italy
Local time: 19:34
Italian to English
+ ...
Is it configurable? Mar 1, 2003

Hi All,

I leave in Italy and as you probabily know we are quite \"burocratical\" I would like to know if it is possible to customise PractiCount & Invoice accordingly to Italian laws. (as freelance the customer pays 20% of the invoice total in tax in your behalf and this has to be shown in the invoice).

Thanks

Luca

On 2003-02-23 12:46, jazyk wrote:

in all types of files.

As stated on their site:

Now comes with word count in PDF, import/export of the client database, match calculator for invoicing jobs based on fuzzy matches, and more than 20 other improvements and new features!

I used it for several months now and very recently upgraded to the business edition.

In short,I can highly recommend it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PractiCount & Invoice - What does it do?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search