Thread poster: Williamson
Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:59
Flemish to English
+ ...
Apr 11, 2003

I have been trying out both. Dragon takes somewhat more time to learn, but seems to be more developped in comparison with the XP-voice recognition system.

Unless a lot of vocabulary is fed to the XP-voice-recognition, it does not work too well. Does anybody had similar experiences. I only understand a few words of Japanese, too little to train the voice-recognition, but I was wondering whether the performance of the Japanese voice-recognition in XP is so primitive too?

Suzanne Blangsted (X)
Suzanne Blangsted (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:59
Danish to English
+ ...
The Dragon Apr 25, 2003

I started using the Dragon in 1995 but it was awful in those days. Very slow, inaccurate, breaking down often, etc. The 6.1 medical that I have been using lately is really smooth, though still a bit unstable, and now with the 7 version on the market, I suspect I will switch to that one, as it is supposed to be an improvement over 6.1. As to a Japanese version, I don\'t know. I use the Danish language, for which there is no Dragon version, so I have to work with the English platform, and it is ... See more
I started using the Dragon in 1995 but it was awful in those days. Very slow, inaccurate, breaking down often, etc. The 6.1 medical that I have been using lately is really smooth, though still a bit unstable, and now with the 7 version on the market, I suspect I will switch to that one, as it is supposed to be an improvement over 6.1. As to a Japanese version, I don\'t know. I use the Danish language, for which there is no Dragon version, so I have to work with the English platform, and it is very cumbersome to input \"sounds like\" to get a word recognized, but I will teach the Dragon Danish some day.Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dragon Dictate versus XP-speech tool.

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »