Wordfast - reverse context search?
Thread poster: Daniel Bird

Daniel Bird  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:32
German to English
Apr 14, 2008

Hi all

A context search (Ctrl+Alt+C) gives you instances of your highlighted term from the source text in the TM. Is there a key combination that searches for a highlighted term in the target text? (Without reversing the TM for source-target of course).

If there is no such thing, I'll suggest it to the Wordfast people as it could have unexpected useful applications.

Thanks and regards
DB

[Edited at 2008-04-14 20:35]

Direct link Reply with quote

Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:32
French to English
Yes Apr 14, 2008

Just highlight the term in the target segment, and use the same key combination.

Daniel Bird  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:32
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Of course... Apr 15, 2008

...thanks. My problem was how/whether the context check picks up e.g. inflections. I can't work out how systematic it is but for 100% identical words it's fine.
DB

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast - reverse context search?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search