https://www.proz.com/forum/software_applications/103214-practicount_renders_zero_result.html

PractiCount renders zero result
Thread poster: Ingrun Wenge
Ingrun Wenge
Ingrun Wenge  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:56
English to German
+ ...
Apr 25, 2008

Hi,

I've been using PractiCount for the last couple of months. Now all of a sudden the programme renders zero result with all kinds of documents, e.g. word, powerpoint or pdf-files. I have Windows XP but do not use Norton Antivir. The only reason I could possibly think of: I recently downloaded Microsoft's service pack 2. Might this be the reason for it?? Or does anyone know?

Cheers, Ingrun

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 00:56
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Not SP 2 Apr 25, 2008

I can't immagine the reason, but my Practicount sure works with SP 2. I have old 2.8 version, though.

Uldis

Ken Cox
Ken Cox  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:56
German to English
+ ...
works OK on my system Apr 25, 2008

I have Practicount Version 3.1 (build 2.159) on a Windows XP Pro SP2 system, and it works fine. Some suggestions: check Practicount configuration settings, and if they seem to be OK, delete and then reinstall the application.

Ingrun Wenge
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Apr 26, 2008

Thanks for your feedback. I'll try the reinstallation.

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:56
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
No, a reinstallation is not necessary... Apr 27, 2008

You simply have to close down Word before running PractiCount. I have to do that every time. Then, when the words are counted and you click on the Word icon in PractiCount, Word opens up again with the invoice. However, two copies of Word open up. You keep the one with the invoice, and close down the other.

Astrid

Ingrun Wenge
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
doesn't do the trick either... Apr 27, 2008

Thank you, Astrid. I just tried to use Wordfast with Word closed but it didn't make any difference. Must be something else.

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 00:56
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Errr... why Wordfast??? Apr 27, 2008

Going by the last advice, just try Practicount with the Word and all documents cosed- I just don't see where Wordfast here comes in- or am I missing something?

Uldis

Ingrun Wenge wrote:

Thank you, Astrid. I just tried to use Wordfast with Word closed but it didn't make any difference. Must be something else.

Ingrun Wenge
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ooops, sorry Apr 28, 2008

Practicount, of course (not Wordfast)!!!

Ingrun Wenge
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Reinstallation did the trick May 2, 2008

I uninstalled and reinstalled the application and now it works just fine. Thank you, Ken.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PractiCount renders zero result

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »