Randi Kristensen
Randi Kristensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 22:41
Member (2008)
English to Danish
+ ...
Apr 29, 2008

How can I handle html files using Macintosh and not Trados? My client have suggested the program Notepad ++, but I doesn't seem to run on Macintosh.

Shai Navé
Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 23:41
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Taco Apr 29, 2008

Hi,

Basically you can edit HTML files with every text editor. But it is recommended to use a text editor with markup highlighting and more.

One nice small software I found for the Mac environment is Taco http://tacosw.com/

Hope it helps

Randi Kristensen
Denmark
Member (2008)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great! Apr 29, 2008

Thanks! This little Taco software is a nice one. But my client what me to deliver the text so it looks as a "normal" text! Is that possible?

M. Anna Kańduła
M. Anna Kańduła  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:41
English to Polish
NVU Apr 29, 2008

http://www.nvu.com/

This is actually a web editor, but will let you see HTML code and it's final result, as it would show up as a webpage, so maybe it will help you.

There is also version for MAC and it's a freeware.

Anni

Randi Kristensen
Denmark
Member (2008)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks again Apr 29, 2008

Thanks again for the Taco software. I now understand how it works and that you can save the files as "normal" text format again.

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
Platform and version?! Apr 30, 2008

R Kristensen wrote:

How can I handle html files using Macintosh and not Trados? My client have suggested the program Notepad ++, but I doesn't seem to run on Macintosh.

Hi R,

When talking Mac, always state hardware platform and OS version.
Since the introduction of the Intel Mac, Apple and Trados are no longer mutally excluding entities.
What I'm saying is that you can run Trados on a Mac if it's a new machine.

But even for older Macs, surely there are real CAT tools that can parse HTML files properly. You don't have to work in a plain text editor, there's no reason for that...

Search for Wordfast, Heartsome, MetaTexis, OmegaT etc here on the forum, I'm sure that either of them would handle HTML excellently!

/J

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

html files

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »