Thread poster: Rad Graban

Rad Graban  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:46
English to Slovak
+ ...
Oct 14, 2008

Hi all,

While "tidying up" my computer, I managed to get rid of Adobe Reader. Now, I cannot upload it back. I keep getting the following message:
Error 1316. A network error accurred while attempting to read file C:\Windows\installer\AdbeRdr812_en_US.msi
I think I've tried everything. I tried to download it from different websites incl. adobe.com, I saved it on a disk and tried to dowload it from disc, but nothing seems to work.
I'm using Firefox and can't open any online pdf. files. Any ideas? If I am not able to fix, is there any other program I can use to open online pdf. files?

Thanks for your help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 17:46
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
PDF-XChange PDF Viewer Oct 14, 2008

I suggest PDF-XChange PDF Viewer. It's free and you can annotate PDFs with it.

http://www.download3k.com/System-Utilities/File-Disk-Management/Download-Tracker-Software-Products-Ltd-PDF-XChange-PDF-Viewer.html

HTH,

Uldis

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Adobe ADM Firefox Add-On Oct 14, 2008

Not sure if you'll be able to do this, but I just Googled Adobe Reader downloads, found Adobe Reader 9.0 (I had version 8) and downloaded it, in order to do which I first had to download a Firefox Add-On called Adobe ADM. The installation was lengthy (took about 15 minutes), but no problem, and my Adobe Reader 9 is now working normally.

Rad Graban  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Slovak
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Oct 15, 2008

Thank you guys. I've managed to fix it somehow through Tools -> Options -> Applications and changing Firefox to Adobe 8.1.

PAS  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:46
English to Polish
+ ...
or Foxit Oct 15, 2008

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php

Save your computer from the extra gas needed to run Adobe Reader....

I use X-Change Viewer suggested by Uldis.

Best,
Pawel Skalinski

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adobe Reader - can't download.

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search