https://www.proz.com/forum/software_applications/119245-infix_pdf_editor_does_it_work_well.html

Infix PDF Editor does it work well?
Thread poster: Silvia Barra (X)
Silvia Barra (X)
Silvia Barra (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 19:40
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 29, 2008

Good morning,
I saw on ProZ the advertising for Infix PDF Editor. It attracted me a lot, since I have many pdf files to translate. I was wondering whether to buy it or not and I'd like to know some comments/suggestions from users.
Thank you.
Silvia

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
it works very well. Oct 29, 2008

HI! But it works only with file scans and not page scans. One could for example directly process Software helpfiles which are mostly file scans. BR Brandis

elodieusa
elodieusa  Identity Verified
Germany
English to French
+ ...
It works well Oct 29, 2008

Hello
I just translated quite a large file and it worked pretty well.
I just had two pictures which I could not translate directly on the pdf but saving them as a picture and then adding them to the document worked well.
I was able to keep the entire formatting which was very nice

Silvia Barra (X)
Silvia Barra (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Only file scans? Oct 30, 2008

Brandis wrote:

HI! But it works only with file scans and not page scans. One could for example directly process Software helpfiles which are mostly file scans. BR Brandis

Hi, but with scan files it doesn't work at all? I often have some typed pages but that are scans and not files, so do you mean that I can't process these files?
Thank you. Thanks also to elodieusa
Silvia

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
@Barra.. Nov 2, 2008

Hi! page scans are direct scans whether from typed pages or from books or other documents. File scans are generated dtp packages, autocad files, generally from applications. Just a clarification. BR Brandis

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 14:40
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
It does have an edge Nov 2, 2008

Last Friday evening I got a somewhat "crazy" scanned PDF file from a translation agency. Okay, it was better than having them fax its 16 pages across the globe to me. But no software would open it, not even OmniPage. Photoshop said it had been created with "an unreleased version of Acrobat".

Well, InFix managed to open that and print it for me, so I could translate from hardcopy. To give you an idea on how "crazy" the file was, the PDF was some 700 KB. But the file InFix sent to my
... See more
Last Friday evening I got a somewhat "crazy" scanned PDF file from a translation agency. Okay, it was better than having them fax its 16 pages across the globe to me. But no software would open it, not even OmniPage. Photoshop said it had been created with "an unreleased version of Acrobat".

Well, InFix managed to open that and print it for me, so I could translate from hardcopy. To give you an idea on how "crazy" the file was, the PDF was some 700 KB. But the file InFix sent to my PostScript printer was 2.5 GB (sic!), so it took a whale of time to print.

Hence, if all else fails with a PDF file, InFix might do it!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Infix PDF Editor does it work well?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »