bizz communications (X)
bizz communications (X)
Germany
Local time: 16:44
German to English
+ ...
Jan 30, 2009

Hi All,

am having some trouble creating proofreading jobs in Trados. Basically I would like to also see my proofreading jobs in calendar so that I can track their due dates along with translation projects, however Trados won't allow me to create projects in which the source and target language are identical. Anyone have ideas on how to go about setting up such proofreading projects?

Cheers

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:44
Swedish to English
+ ...
Use language variants Jan 31, 2009

Perhaps create a project in which the source and target languages are close variants, and not the same - for example the source language might be English (Ireland) and the target English (United States). As long as your import file has the correct details, this should work. You may need to manually edit the text file to be imported (amend all the lines).

bizz communications (X)
bizz communications (X)
Germany
Local time: 16:44
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
creating/tracking a proofreading job Jan 31, 2009

Thanks for the tip. I thought of that one , too, but wanted to know if there was a way to set up a project in Trados so that source and target language are the same ... I also wish to track turnover for proofreading jobs vs. translation jobs.
Any other tips in getting Trados to accept identical source and target languages, or else set up a pure proofreading job? Would appreciate any help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Creating a proofreading project in Trados professional

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »