Looking for Contact Management Software - Suggestions?
Thread poster: Fiona Busfield

Fiona Busfield  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
Jun 11, 2009

Could anyone suggest a decent contact management package? I'm looking for a tool that could keep track of events, contact details and reminders. Most packages seem to be geared towards sales of products. I'd like something that is easy to use but offers more features than a simple desktop address book. I've already tried Translation Office 3000 but it wasn't quite what I was looking for. I'm not looking to track projects so much as marketing leads.
All suggestions/reviews greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jorge Aguilar Juarez  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 09:31
German to Spanish
good old micro$oft Jun 11, 2009

Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager at:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/contactmanager/FX101674171033.aspx

cheers

Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 01:31
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Highrise Jun 11, 2009

Hi,
Although it is not a desktop application (all you really need is a browser and internet connection), and is priced on a monthly basis (a limited free version is available as well) - Highrise (http://www.highrisehq.com/) might be what you are looking for.

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 17:31
Spanish
+ ...
Daisho Jun 11, 2009

I tried Daisho for a while and I was very impressed. It can manage your contacts, emails, tasks, has Skype integration. It also has a feature called Radar, which can keep track of your leads; it's pretty cool. The great thing, at least for me, is that you can subscribe and pay montly (as with most CRM) or buy it. It has a 30-day demo.

In the end I decided not to buy it because it doesn't support IMAP nor Google Calendar, although I was told that IMAP would be implemented in July, so I'm keeping an eye on it.

You could also use Outlook Express or Thunderbird + Lighting. I personally use Outlook to manage my tasks, and Thunderbird + Lighting + Google Calendar to manage my agenda.

Edit: I forgot the link: http://www.daisho-blacksmith.de/en/

[Edited at 2009-06-11 16:55 GMT]

Fiona Busfield  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jun 11, 2009

Thanks for the suggestions. I've already looked at Outlook's Business Contact Manager but not being an Outlook fan in the first place, it's not really for me.
Highrise and Daisho both seem interesting and I'll certainly be looking into those. I'm also thinking of switching to Thunderbird shortly so Lightning may be worth a look too.
I'll let everyone know if I come up with anything else in the meantime. Thanks again.

Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 00:31
Member (2004)
English to Polish
Postbox Jun 11, 2009

If you try out Thunderbird, you might have a look at Postbox:

http://www.postbox-inc.com/

It's a fork of Thunderbird with many options which make business management easier... However, note that it is still in beta and that it does not work with most Thunderbird add-ons. And it will be commercial, unlike Thunderbird.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for Contact Management Software - Suggestions?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search