https://www.proz.com/forum/software_applications/137300-looking_for_contact_management_software_suggestions.html

Looking for Contact Management Software - Suggestions?
Thread poster: Fiona Busfield
Fiona Busfield
Fiona Busfield  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:13
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
Jun 11, 2009

Could anyone suggest a decent contact management package? I'm looking for a tool that could keep track of events, contact details and reminders. Most packages seem to be geared towards sales of products. I'd like something that is easy to use but offers more features than a simple desktop address book. I've already tried Translation Office 3000 but it wasn't quite what I was looking for. I'm not looking to track projects so much as marketing leads.
All suggestions/reviews greatly appreciat
... See more
Could anyone suggest a decent contact management package? I'm looking for a tool that could keep track of events, contact details and reminders. Most packages seem to be geared towards sales of products. I'd like something that is easy to use but offers more features than a simple desktop address book. I've already tried Translation Office 3000 but it wasn't quite what I was looking for. I'm not looking to track projects so much as marketing leads.
All suggestions/reviews greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Collapse

Jorge Aguilar Juarez
Jorge Aguilar Juarez  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 19:13
German to Spanish
good old micro$oft Jun 11, 2009

Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager at:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/contactmanager/FX101674171033.aspx

cheers

Shai Navé
Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 12:13
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Highrise Jun 11, 2009

Hi,
Although it is not a desktop application (all you really need is a browser and internet connection), and is priced on a monthly basis (a limited free version is available as well) - Highrise (http://www.highrisehq.com/) might be what you are looking for.

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 04:13
Spanish
+ ...
Daisho Jun 11, 2009

I tried Daisho for a while and I was very impressed. It can manage your contacts, emails, tasks, has Skype integration. It also has a feature called Radar, which can keep track of your leads; it's pretty cool. The great thing, at least for me, is that you can subscribe and pay montly (as with most CRM) or buy it. It has a 30-day demo.

In the end I decided not to buy it because it doesn't support IMAP nor Google Calendar, although I was told that IMAP would be implemented in July, so
... See more
I tried Daisho for a while and I was very impressed. It can manage your contacts, emails, tasks, has Skype integration. It also has a feature called Radar, which can keep track of your leads; it's pretty cool. The great thing, at least for me, is that you can subscribe and pay montly (as with most CRM) or buy it. It has a 30-day demo.

In the end I decided not to buy it because it doesn't support IMAP nor Google Calendar, although I was told that IMAP would be implemented in July, so I'm keeping an eye on it.

You could also use Outlook Express or Thunderbird + Lighting. I personally use Outlook to manage my tasks, and Thunderbird + Lighting + Google Calendar to manage my agenda.

Edit: I forgot the link: http://www.daisho-blacksmith.de/en/

[Edited at 2009-06-11 16:55 GMT]
Collapse

Fiona Busfield
Fiona Busfield  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:13
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jun 11, 2009

Thanks for the suggestions. I've already looked at Outlook's Business Contact Manager but not being an Outlook fan in the first place, it's not really for me.
Highrise and Daisho both seem interesting and I'll certainly be looking into those. I'm also thinking of switching to Thunderbird shortly so Lightning may be worth a look too.
I'll let everyone know if I come up with anything else in the meantime. Thanks again.

Jaroslaw Michalak
Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 11:13
Member (2004)
English to Polish
SITE LOCALIZER
Postbox Jun 11, 2009

If you try out Thunderbird, you might have a look at Postbox:

http://www.postbox-inc.com/

It's a fork of Thunderbird with many options which make business management easier... However, note that it is still in beta and that it does not work with most Thunderbird add-ons. And it will be commercial, unlike Thunderbird.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for Contact Management Software - Suggestions?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »