Find and replace plus for Excel or csv
Thread poster: david angel
david angel
Local time: 21:50
French to English
+ ...
Oct 16, 2009

Hi. I have a very long list of agency emails, usually in the form "person'sname@agencyname.com". But large numbers of people leave agencies. So I have been wondering if there is any way I can search for all items with a @ (i.e. email addresses), delete anything before the @ and substitute "info", "translation", etc. I don't have any grand text editors and probably wouldn't know how to use one if I did: does anyone, I wonder, know of a simple way?
Thanks in advance. David A.

Direct link Reply with quote

Henrik Pipoyan  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:50
Member (2004)
English to Armenian
Use wildcards Oct 16, 2009

Try this. In Excel open Edit > Replace or hit Ctrl+H, in the "Find what:" filed insert *@ and in the "Replace with:" filed insert info@ or translation@. All the addresses will be replaced with info@... or translation@...

I hope this helps.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Find and replace plus for Excel or csv

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search