How to transfer voice msgs from Cell Phones to sound files?
Thread poster: esewidan
esewidan  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:06
Arabic to English
+ ...
Oct 22, 2009

Hello all;

I have a client contacted me yesterday to translate a few voice messages on the cell phone from Bosnian to English. The catch is how to transfer these messages to a sound file so that I can send it to a translator?

The client contacted AT& T, the service provider to ask how can we transfer that, but they said that there is no way available for that, except to forward the messages to another AT & T phone.

The question is: Is there any way or trick that we can transfer these messages to a computer and creat a sound file?

Thank you so much...!

Eihab Sewidan;
---------------------

Direct link Reply with quote

Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 13:06
English to Croatian
+ ...
Depends on your technical equipment Oct 22, 2009

sewidan wrote:

The question is: Is there any way or trick that we can transfer these messages to a computer and creat a sound file?

Thank you so much...!

Eihab Sewidan;
---------------------

Hello,

Sure there is a way, but depends on your mobile phone software and your computer software... The most convenient format would be mp3, providing you have that option in your mobile phone, and then send it via a cable to your computer and again pack it in mp3. Or re-format it to mp3 from some other source format, depending what's on your phone.. this is definitely achievable with an iPhone.

FarkasAndras
Local time: 13:06
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Where are they? Oct 22, 2009

I don't use voice messages so I'm not quite sure. I'm sure it's not MMS (which would just be a simple mp3 file sent to the phone) but voicemail.
So, is voicemail stored locally on the phone (in which case you can listen to it even if you have no service) or is it stored by the service provider (in which case you basically have to call the service provider to listen to the message).

If stored locally, you can hook up the phone to a computer via USB cable and have some hope that it's in an accessible part of the phone's file system. Also, look around in the phone's menu. Maybe it can be sent/copied to locations you can access.
If it's stored by your mobile phone service provider, you're probably SOL.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to transfer voice msgs from Cell Phones to sound files?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search