I need an application which can help to automate some tasks...
Thread poster: Mohamed Mehenoun

Mohamed Mehenoun  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 03:59
Member (2008)
English to French
+ ...
Nov 9, 2009

Hello,

I'm currently working for a Telecom company and I need to send a supervision report extracted from an application each morning.

The process is repetetive and boring and needs to be done for each region of the country.

I was wondering if there was a software out there which could help me make it automatic...

that is to say I need a software which could mimic what I do with the supervision application i.e.

go to 1/go to log report 2/choose the option "log report" 3/ filter the regions 4/ Create the report.

Usually those steps are done by clicking on the different options of the supervision tool.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

trebla
Canada
Local time: 22:59
French to English
automating a series of steps. Nov 9, 2009

Mohamed Mehenoun wrote:

Hello,

I'm currently working for a Telecom company and I need to send a supervision report extracted from an application each morning.

The process is repetetive and boring and needs to be done for each region of the country.

I was wondering if there was a software out there which could help me make it automatic...

that is to say I need a software which could mimic what I do with the supervision application i.e.

go to 1/go to log report 2/choose the option "log report" 3/ filter the regions 4/ Create the report.

Usually those steps are done by clicking on the different options of the supervision tool.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Algeria
Member (2008)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
? Nov 9, 2009

trebla wrote:

Mohamed Mehenoun wrote:

Hello,

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

?

Boyan Brezinsky  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 05:59
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Autohotkey? Nov 9, 2009

http://www.autohotkey.com/ may help.
The only problem is that I haven't used it yeticon_smile.gif

Algeria
Member (2008)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks ! Nov 9, 2009

Boyan Brezinsky wrote:

http://www.autohotkey.com/ may help.
The only problem is that I haven't used it yeticon_smile.gif

Thanks ! I need it to recall what I did with a specific software...

I'll have to try it when I go back to work...

Frédéric Pizzaia  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:59
English to French
+ ...
Try a macro or a query Nov 10, 2009

Hi,

If you are working with an application, there is the possibility that this application (especially in a Telecom company) can be automated through a macro or a query set up in the application.

As you didn't mention the application, it is difficult to tell you more. However, if it's a common application in your company, then you can be sure that any IT responsible for the application may help you with a solution.

Algeria
Member (2008)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
New NMS Nov 10, 2009

Sangoku wrote:

Hi,

If you are working with an application, there is the possibility that this application (especially in a Telecom company) can be automated through a macro or a query set up in the application.

As you didn't mention the application, it is difficult to tell you more. However, if it's a common application in your company, then you can be sure that any IT responsible for the application may help you with a solution.

Hello,

Unfortunatelly there ain't any macro for that ! The software is called New NMS from Nera technologies.

It's a software to monitor SDH Microwave Links.

Elzbieta Wojcicka
Netherlands
Local time: 04:59
Dutch to Polish
+ ...
AutoMate Nov 10, 2009

Try this one:
http://www.networkautomation.com/automate/7/

The steps can be selected manually or simply recorded and then the software will repeat the same sequence for you at the scheduled time.

Egidijus Slepetys  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:59
German to Lithuanian
jitbit macro recorder Nov 10, 2009

I am using Jitbit macro recorder.

A very good and easy to use thing!

(http://www.jitbit.com/macrorecorder.aspx)

BR,
Egiz

Algeria
Member (2008)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks! Nov 19, 2009

I'll try them all and let you know...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I need an application which can help to automate some tasks...

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search