I need an application which can help to automate some tasks...
Thread poster: Mohamed Mehenoun
Mohamed Mehenoun
Mohamed Mehenoun  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 14:07
English to French
+ ...
Nov 9, 2009

Hello,

I'm currently working for a Telecom company and I need to send a supervision report extracted from an application each morning.

The process is repetetive and boring and needs to be done for each region of the country.

I was wondering if there was a software out there which could help me make it automatic...

that is to say I need a software which could mimic what I do with the supervision application i.e.

go to 1/go to log re
... See more
Hello,

I'm currently working for a Telecom company and I need to send a supervision report extracted from an application each morning.

The process is repetetive and boring and needs to be done for each region of the country.

I was wondering if there was a software out there which could help me make it automatic...

that is to say I need a software which could mimic what I do with the supervision application i.e.

go to 1/go to log report 2/choose the option "log report" 3/ filter the regions 4/ Create the report.

Usually those steps are done by clicking on the different options of the supervision tool.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
Collapse

trebla
trebla
Canada
Local time: 09:07
French to English
automating a series of steps. Nov 9, 2009

Mohamed Mehenoun wrote:

Hello,

go to 1/go to log report 2/choose the option "log report" 3/ filter the regions 4/ Create the report.

Usually those steps are done by clicking on the different options of the supervision tool.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Mohamed Mehenoun
Canada
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
? Nov 9, 2009

trebla wrote:

Mohamed Mehenoun wrote:

Hello,

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

?

Boyan Brezinsky
Boyan Brezinsky  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 16:07
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Autohotkey? Nov 9, 2009

http://www.autohotkey.com/ may help.
The only problem is that I haven't used it yet

Mohamed Mehenoun
Canada
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks ! Nov 9, 2009

Boyan Brezinsky wrote:

http://www.autohotkey.com/ may help.
The only problem is that I haven't used it yet

Thanks ! I need it to recall what I did with a specific software...

I'll have to try it when I go back to work...

Frédéric Pizzaia
Frédéric Pizzaia  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:07
English to French
+ ...
Try a macro or a query Nov 10, 2009

Hi,

If you are working with an application, there is the possibility that this application (especially in a Telecom company) can be automated through a macro or a query set up in the application.

As you didn't mention the application, it is difficult to tell you more. However, if it's a common application in your company, then you can be sure that any IT responsible for the application may help you with a solution.

Mohamed Mehenoun
Canada
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
New NMS Nov 10, 2009

Sangoku wrote:

Hi,

If you are working with an application, there is the possibility that this application (especially in a Telecom company) can be automated through a macro or a query set up in the application.

As you didn't mention the application, it is difficult to tell you more. However, if it's a common application in your company, then you can be sure that any IT responsible for the application may help you with a solution.

Hello,

Unfortunatelly there ain't any macro for that ! The software is called New NMS from Nera technologies.

It's a software to monitor SDH Microwave Links.

Elzbieta Wojcicka
Elzbieta Wojcicka
Netherlands
Local time: 15:07
Dutch to Polish
+ ...
AutoMate Nov 10, 2009

Try this one:
http://www.networkautomation.com/automate/7/

The steps can be selected manually or simply recorded and then the software will repeat the same sequence for you at the scheduled time.

Egidijus Slepetys
Egidijus Slepetys  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:07
German to Lithuanian
jitbit macro recorder Nov 10, 2009

I am using Jitbit macro recorder.

A very good and easy to use thing!

(http://www.jitbit.com/macrorecorder.aspx)

BR,
Egiz

Mohamed Mehenoun
Canada
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks! Nov 19, 2009

I'll try them all and let you know...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I need an application which can help to automate some tasks...

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »