Word/Line count Software - which is the best?
Thread poster: Sarah Downing

Sarah Downing  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:31
German to English
+ ...
Nov 24, 2003

Hello colleagues,

For some time now I have been considering purchasing a word/line count software, but am still not sure which one would be the best buy.

I have heard of Practicount and Total Assistant and was wondering if anyone has had experience with these or similar software, for that matter.

I would have quite liked to purchase a software with which you can also issue bills, but as I have been unable to find any with which you can enter different line prices, I decided against this (that is unless, of course, anyone can tell me of any that do).

I would be grateful for any advice or recommendations.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day!

Sarah

Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 01:31
English to Dutch
+ ...
Practicount Nov 24, 2003

Sarah Downing wrote:

Hello colleagues,

For some time now I have been considering purchasing a word/line count software, but am still not sure which one would be the best buy.

I have heard of Practicount and Total Assistant and was wondering if anyone has had experience with these or similar software, for that matter.

I would have quite liked to purchase a software with which you can also issue bills, but as I have been unable to find any with which you can enter different line prices, I decided against this (that is unless, of course, anyone can tell me of any that do).

Sarah

does the job just fine IMHO.
I've been using it since its inception and have no complaints whatsoever.

Good luck!

Spiros Doikas  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:31
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
Practicount Nov 24, 2003

Use Practicount; it is dead easy and has many useful settings (like for html for example you can check whether you want it to count alt tags, meta tags etc)

Spiros Doikas
www.translatum.gr/cv.htm

Brandis (X)
Local time: 01:31
English to German
+ ...
suggestion / practicount Nov 25, 2003

Hi!

I would suggest practicount, at best one of the latest issues, because here you can do word couting line, paragraph and page counting aswell and integrate well into the billing aspect. I personally suggest practicount. Positive
Bandis

Evert DELOOF-SYS wrote:

Sarah Downing wrote:

Hello colleagues,

Sarah

does the job just fine IMHO.
I've been using it since its inception and have no complaints whatsoever.

Good luck!

Sarah Downing  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:31
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks to everyone ... Nov 30, 2003

... for your suggestions.

Best Regards,

Sarah

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word/Line count Software - which is the best?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search