MultiTerm2009: Cannot delete Termbase
Thread poster: Sandra Guggisberg

Sandra Guggisberg  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 22:44
English to German
+ ...
Aug 11, 2010

I have a problem with MultiTerm 2009 (SDL Studio 2009). I'm trying to delete a termbase - and I technically know how that works (open the Termbase in MultiTerm catalogie view, right click on it, delete). However, the delete button is grey, which means I can't click on it. I've also tried deleting it in MT Administrator, same thing there.

Do any of you know what the problem could be? Is it maybe because our TBs are server based and other people in my office can access them?

Thanks for helping

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Delete the termbase from the harddisk Aug 11, 2010

Then it will not be there. But I do not think it is what you wanna achieve.
When opening termbases you can easily delete that one from the list, so it will not be opened.
But if you really attempt to delete a termbase in a way you describe, so it is only possible for local termbases. However, in that case, you can close MT and simply delete the TB from the HDD.

Sandra Guggisberg  Identity Verified
Switzerland
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Aug 13, 2010

Thank you, I will try that.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm2009: Cannot delete Termbase

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search