Thread poster: Patricia Rosas

Patricia Rosas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:15
Spanish to English
+ ...
Aug 24, 2010

HELP PLEASE!

I just woke up and rebooted my computer. A client wrote with a piece of good news, and when I hit reply to congratulate her, nothing happened...I was still in the folders or main window.

I'm running Windows 7, so I could see that Mozilla had a "reply message" window open, but when I tried to open it or pop it up from the bar, nothing happened (it's visible but "shaded out"). I next tried clicking on "Write," but the same thing happened. A window is visible on the bar, but it is shaded out and I can't open it.

I rebooted the laptop and the same thing happened again.

Should I try reinstalling Thunderbird? Can I run two e-mail programs at the same time?? I need to be able to e-mail today!

Thanks,
Patricia

PS I just uninstalled Thunderbird and downloaded it and reinstalled and the problem continues! I don't know what to do...

[Edited at 2010-08-24 14:03 GMT]

Patricia Rosas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:15
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
three hours later ... and I feel so stupid! Aug 24, 2010

I've wasted the entire morning and was so engrossed in trying to solve my problem that i never turned on my second monitor. I mean, gee! I almost burned up the frijoles on the stove 'cause I couldn't let this problem go...

and then I did turn on the monitor ...

and there were all the reply and new mail windows!!!!

LESSON LEARNED!!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mozilla Thunderbird Reply & New Message windows won't open

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search