Patricia Rosas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:39
Spanish to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Aug 24, 2010

HELP PLEASE!

I just woke up and rebooted my computer. A client wrote with a piece of good news, and when I hit reply to congratulate her, nothing happened...I was still in the folders or main window.

I'm running Windows 7, so I could see that Mozilla had a "reply message" window open, but when I tried to open it or pop it up from the bar, nothing happened (it's visible but "shaded out"). I next tried clicking on "Write," but the same thing happened. A window is visibl
... See more
HELP PLEASE!

I just woke up and rebooted my computer. A client wrote with a piece of good news, and when I hit reply to congratulate her, nothing happened...I was still in the folders or main window.

I'm running Windows 7, so I could see that Mozilla had a "reply message" window open, but when I tried to open it or pop it up from the bar, nothing happened (it's visible but "shaded out"). I next tried clicking on "Write," but the same thing happened. A window is visible on the bar, but it is shaded out and I can't open it.

I rebooted the laptop and the same thing happened again.

Should I try reinstalling Thunderbird? Can I run two e-mail programs at the same time?? I need to be able to e-mail today!

Thanks,
Patricia

PS I just uninstalled Thunderbird and downloaded it and reinstalled and the problem continues! I don't know what to do...

[Edited at 2010-08-24 14:03 GMT]
Collapse

Patricia Rosas
Patricia Rosas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:39
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
three hours later ... and I feel so stupid! Aug 24, 2010

I've wasted the entire morning and was so engrossed in trying to solve my problem that i never turned on my second monitor. I mean, gee! I almost burned up the frijoles on the stove 'cause I couldn't let this problem go...

and then I did turn on the monitor ...

and there were all the reply and new mail windows!!!!

LESSON LEARNED!!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mozilla Thunderbird Reply & New Message windows won't open

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »