Thread poster: Laura Rodriguez

Laura Rodriguez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:50
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 1, 2010

Hello everybody

I have WMWare player installed in my computer and it worked perfectly till yesterday. Now, when I want to open it, it appears the screen as initializing Windows XP, but it is frozen, does not move.
I tried to install a new version (3.0) and repair it but it did not work.
I need help in order to activate it again or, what is better, to recover all the information I had in the virtual machine. I know it should be somewhere, but cannot find it.

Anyone familiar with this virtual machine? I really need to recover the information stored there, pleeeeeeeeeeeeease!

Thanks in advance!

Laura

[Editado a las 2010-10-01 19:02 GMT]

Extra Consult
Belgium
Member (2008)
English
Mount *.vmdk Oct 5, 2010

Hi Laura,

whilst it is quite hard to guess why your Virtual XP is no longer booting, I can offer some help to retrieve the data in the VM.
Using the VMWare tool VMWareDiskMount, you can access the *.vmdk files from your main OS to read and copy the data you need.
You'll find all the info on VMWareDiskMount here:
http://www.vmware.com/pdf/VMwareDiskMount.pdf

Hope it works out for you,

Laura Rodriguez  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Suddenly it works again, but thanks for the info! Oct 6, 2010

Thanks a lot for your answer! Suddenly it started working again! Anyway I'll have a look at your link. I could not find the place where the files are saved and I was not even sure if they would be saved in the main OS.

Thanks again!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with VMWare Player - recover files

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search