.mobi to .pdf converter?
Thread poster: Pablo Bouvier

Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:27
German to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 4, 2010

Someone can tell me about a software that allows to convert .mobi files (ebook files) to. pdf files (portable document format)? Thanks in advance for your help!

 

Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 08:27
Member (2004)
English to Polish
Calibre Oct 4, 2010

Check out Calibre:

http://calibre-ebook.com/

It is an impressive overall e-book solution...


 

Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:27
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
.mobi to .pdf converter? Oct 4, 2010

Jabberwock wrote:

Check out Calibre:

http://calibre-ebook.com/

It is an impressive overall e-book solution...


I was just experimenting with it at this moment and it seems it is what I was looking for, but I have still some issues with the converted links to solve. I have to read the help file, but at least the conversion issue has been fixed. Thanks a lot, Jabberwock.!


 
online converter Mar 21, 2012

Hey,

you can also use some online conversion service like this one:

http://www.mobi-to-pdf.com/

cheers


 

Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:27
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
.mobi to .pdf converter?" Mar 21, 2012

wweer wrote:

Hey,

you can also use some online conversion service like this one:

http://www.mobi-to-pdf.com/

cheers


Thanks a lot for you kind help, but did you see the date of the thread?icon_smile.gif


 
ups.. Mar 23, 2012

well I noticed thats a little bit old indeedicon_smile.gif But maybe its useful for somebody else.....

 

jango321
Local time: 02:27
link helped! Aug 1, 2012

wweer wrote:

well I noticed thats a little bit old indeedicon_smile.gif But maybe its useful for somebody else.....


Since i do not like to install a lot of programs for one off activities, the suggestion was definitely useful for me. Thanks wweer!icon_smile.gif


 

Sainlllday (X)
Algeria
I tried Calibri several months ago Oct 28, 2013

I tried Calibri several months ago, and I was unimpressed by the way it ignored common word processor attributes like paragraph indents, italics, footnoting, etc. Having worked for ten years as a senior architect designing database driven dynamic browser-based software applications similar to those later produced successfully by Siebel Systems (now defunct), I an not interested in buggy software. This is why I chose the Adobe solution.

 

Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:27
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Calibri Oct 28, 2013

And I'm not interested in an answer/opinion which comes three years late.

Sainlllday wrote:

I tried Calibri several months ago, and I was unimpressed by the way it ignored common word processor attributes like paragraph indents, italics, footnoting, etc. Having worked for ten years as a senior architect designing database driven dynamic browser-based software applications similar to those later produced successfully by Siebel Systems (now defunct), I an not interested in buggy software. This is why I chose the Adobe solution.




[Edited at 2013-10-28 12:57 GMT]


 

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 08:27
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
What is "the Adobe solution"? Oct 28, 2013

Sainlllday wrote:
I tried Calibri several months ago, and I was unimpressed by the way it ignored common word processor attributes like paragraph indents, italics, footnoting, etc. ... This is why I chose the Adobe solution.


And... what is "the Adobe solution"?


 

Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:27
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Calibri/Adobe Acrobat eBook Reader Oct 30, 2013

Samuel Murray wrote:

Sainlllday wrote:
I tried Calibri several months ago, and I was unimpressed by the way it ignored common word processor attributes like paragraph indents, italics, footnoting, etc. ... This is why I chose the Adobe solution.


And... what is "the Adobe solution"?


May be this…: http://www.adobe.com/es/products/ebookreader/download.html#win


 
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

.mobi to .pdf converter?

Advanced search






CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search