Herman Boel (X)
Herman Boel (X)  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 11:45
English to Dutch
+ ...
Aug 17, 2011

Hi all,

I have created an Excel file with in the first column a lot of often made errors in my native language and a second column with the correction.

I would like to find a way to check and see if one or more of the 'often made errors' occurs in my translation (albeit in Word, TTX or whatever format). So basically, check whether one or more of the terms or phrases in the first column of my Excel file occur in my translated text.

Does anyone have any idea
... See more
Hi all,

I have created an Excel file with in the first column a lot of often made errors in my native language and a second column with the correction.

I would like to find a way to check and see if one or more of the 'often made errors' occurs in my translation (albeit in Word, TTX or whatever format). So basically, check whether one or more of the terms or phrases in the first column of my Excel file occur in my translated text.

Does anyone have any idea whether this is possible and how this can be done?

Thanks!
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:45
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Blacklist Aug 17, 2011

Alta Verba wrote:
I would like to find a way to check and see if one or more of the 'often made errors' occurs in my translation (albeit in Word, TTX or whatever format).

In WF, this is called a blacklist, and you can perform a blacklist check on a file after the translation is done (or during the translation, segment by segment).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

finding errors in a translation from a preconfigured list

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »