Thomas Schwartz  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:37
Member (2004)
English to German
Dec 15, 2011

Hi all,

I'm facing a severe problem.
I'm using S-Tagger to convert Quicksilver (3.0) .ildoc files (saved as ASCII) into .ttx files for translation.
This worked always so far.
Now I'm unable to convert the files anymore. S-Tagger stops with error code 80.
Help comments this simply with. "Conversion to TTX failed. It means that the conversion to TTX has failed." ... very helpful.

I've spent nights already to figure out this problem ...
I can
... See more
Hi all,

I'm facing a severe problem.
I'm using S-Tagger to convert Quicksilver (3.0) .ildoc files (saved as ASCII) into .ttx files for translation.
This worked always so far.
Now I'm unable to convert the files anymore. S-Tagger stops with error code 80.
Help comments this simply with. "Conversion to TTX failed. It means that the conversion to TTX has failed." ... very helpful.

I've spent nights already to figure out this problem ...
I can convert to .rtf but S-Tagger will not re-convert the .rtf anymore.

Does anyone experience the same problem lately?

Any help isappreciated.

Cheers

Thomas
Collapse

Stefan Gentz
Stefan Gentz
English to German
+ ...
File Format Filter Update SDL Trados 2007 Suite Dec 15, 2011

Hi Thomas,

as it has worked for you before, your system / trados configuration might have changed. Or something in your documents is different? First of all, please try to "reconvert" older filers from a previous project where everything worked. Do they still convert fine or does conversion fails on then now, too? If those previous documents go through fine, we should focus on the new documente, if they fail now too, we should focus on your trados or sysem config.

Also
... See more
Hi Thomas,

as it has worked for you before, your system / trados configuration might have changed. Or something in your documents is different? First of all, please try to "reconvert" older filers from a previous project where everything worked. Do they still convert fine or does conversion fails on then now, too? If those previous documents go through fine, we should focus on the new documente, if they fail now too, we should focus on your trados or sysem config.

Also please check, if you have the latest filter update on your machine. You should find it on your Windows Control Panel under "Programs and Features" as "File Format Filter Update SDL Trados 2007 Suite". If you don't find it there, get it here:

ftp://[email protected]/Article_3368/FileFormatFilterUpdate4SDLTrados2007Suite.zip

This updates comes with a lot of bugfixes and updates for the filters, among them several updates for Quicksilver (e.g. support for documents created in QuickSilver version 3.5)

Kind regards,
Stefan Gentz

TRACOM OHG Consulting | Training | Services
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Java version is crucial Dec 25, 2011

Last time I had problems with Trados it was because of Java that had been updated. Did you check that? Trados needs a specific, older Java version.

If everything fails I could help you via Déjà Vu to provide you with a 2 column RTF file or a XLIFF file (which probably is not editable in Trados).

Thomas Schwartz
Thomas Schwartz  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2004)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Problem (almost) solved! Dec 30, 2011

Dear Stefan an Hans,

thank you, both of you for your support.
Both were, in a certain way very helpful.

I finally got down, after I completed this job, to find out the reason for this problem.
Apparently, this can be caused by a newer MultiTerm version and/or a Java update.
Since I have all Trados versions running on one system (!?!) updates of newer versions might interact with older versions!

So here's what I did ... use virtualization s
... See more
Dear Stefan an Hans,

thank you, both of you for your support.
Both were, in a certain way very helpful.

I finally got down, after I completed this job, to find out the reason for this problem.
Apparently, this can be caused by a newer MultiTerm version and/or a Java update.
Since I have all Trados versions running on one system (!?!) updates of newer versions might interact with older versions!

So here's what I did ... use virtualization software!

I created a virtual windows XP machine and only installed SDL Trados 2007 plus the patches.
And voila ... it works.
I might be careful with automatic updates of java!

So I'm going to use this virtual machine just to convert the Interleaf files to and from .ttx.

While doing so, I also discovered a more elegant way to translate Quicksilver/Interleaf files ... Atril's DéjàVu did the job in trial mode very well and less complicated than working with the S-Tagger filters ...

What a headache ... I'm happy to found a solution to this, with your support.

Thanks and a happy 2012

Cheers

Thomas
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Quicksilver 3.0 ASCII files cannot be converted in S-Tagger

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »