Thread poster: Michael Talu

Michael Talu  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:31
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 15, 2013

Hello,

I hope someone can shed some light on this for me, because hard as I've been trying I can't figure out a way to do this in Trados Studio 2011.

Basically, I need an easy way to count only the new words I've translated. This is really important because I have a rather large project with a lot of repetitions, and I want to be sure that I'm meeting my daily quota. I need to translate about 2000 new words a day to get the project finished on time, but all the word counts seem to be including the repetitions. How can I be sure that if the word count states 2000, half of those aren't repetitions and therefore don't count towards my quota...?

Looking forward to any responses!

Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 23:31
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
A workaround Mar 15, 2013

You can run an analysis to compare the no match count every day. It is not a very precise method, but it should give you an idea how far you have gone.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Count only new words translated in Trados

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search