ApSIC Xbench Version 2.9.0 Build (474) - hotkeys/shortcut issue
Thread poster: Maria Fernanda Picanço

Maria Fernanda Picanço
Local time: 08:15
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jan 14, 2014

Dear colleagues,

I was using ApSIC Xbench earlier today and everything was fine. But, after I changed some options in Tools > Settings > Layout & Hotkeys > Transfer Method, the Ctrl+Alt+Ins shortcut stopped working properly. Now, when I use this shortcut, instead of searching for the current term highlighted, as Xbench normally does, I get stuck with the last term I have previously copied using Ctrl+C. So, if I want to search for a term on ApSIC Xbench, I have to use the sequence Ctrl+C > Ctrl+Alt+Ins, instead of Ctrl+Alt+Ins directly.

Have you ever experienced a similar issue?

Please let me know if my description was clear enough, I really need help with this problem.

I have tried different settings combinations on the referred dialog box, with no success.

Thank you in advance for any help here.

Regards,

MF

[Editada em 2014-01-15 12:59 GMT]

pep
Local time: 13:15
English to Spanish
Try with "Ctrl+Insert, Ctrl+Alt+Insert" Jan 15, 2014

Different editor applications may require different values for Transfer Method.

If the combination "Ctr+C, Ctrl+Alt+Insert" is working for you only than just a bit inconvenient, then I strongly suggest using "Ctrl+Insert, Ctrl+Alt+Insert" instead. You will notice that, unless Ctrl+Insert is intercepted by the editing application, this latter combination is pretty convenient because your fingers nearly do not move in the whole sequence even when it involves 5 keystrokes. You should get used to it very soon.

In the key combination "Ctrl+Insert, Ctrl+Alt+Insert" is not a suitable solution, then please let me know the editor application because different editor applications may need different values in the Transfer Method.

Maria Fernanda Picanço
Local time: 08:15
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Jan 16, 2014

Although I had tried to change the settings, and had even restarted the computer, before posting here, it seems the problem was solved after I tried changing the settings again.

In case you come across the same problem, the settings I am using are:

Tools > Settings > Layout & Hotkeys > Transfer Method >
Input > Copy Message
Output > Manual Paste
Automatic Substitution Output > Manual Paste

This way, the shortcuts work just like they should for me.

I hope this helps anyone in need in the future.
icon_smile.gif

Thank you very much to pep, who tried to help me with my problem.

The shortcut you suggested ("Ctrl+Insert, Ctrl+Alt+Insert") did not work for me, though.

Cheers,

MF

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ApSIC Xbench Version 2.9.0 Build (474) - hotkeys/shortcut issue

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search