Online translation tool for websites (immediately online visible after translation)
Thread poster: Renate van den Bos
Renate van den Bos
Renate van den Bos
Local time: 11:58
English to Dutch
+ ...
Mar 3, 2014

Hello all,

I work, together with a small group of translators for an auctioning company and we translate their content online in an online tool called Livewords. Advantages are that every translation is immediately visible on theire website. However, there are some major disadvantages with regards to fuzzy matches, since the application only recognizes 100% matches (even when there is one space more or a spelling mistake, the segment has to be translated again). The client asked me
... See more
Hello all,

I work, together with a small group of translators for an auctioning company and we translate their content online in an online tool called Livewords. Advantages are that every translation is immediately visible on theire website. However, there are some major disadvantages with regards to fuzzy matches, since the application only recognizes 100% matches (even when there is one space more or a spelling mistake, the segment has to be translated again). The client asked me whether there is an online application as described above that also provides the advantages of a translation tool (such as SDL/Trados, etc.). I worked with Helium/LocStudio in the past and I know that HP has its own online translation tool, but I do not know whether the translations are published immediately online.
Can anyone give me more information?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Kind regards,

Renate van den Bos
Collapse

Steven Segaert
Steven Segaert
Estonia
Local time: 12:58
Member (2012)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Smartling, transifex Mar 3, 2014

Hi Renate,

I have pretty good experiences with www.smartling.com and www.transifex.com - both online tools.

You would have to dig a bit deeper to find out if they also publish immediately, but I think that is possible. And at least the Smartling team is pretty responsive; you probably could schedule a
... See more
Hi Renate,

I have pretty good experiences with www.smartling.com and www.transifex.com - both online tools.

You would have to dig a bit deeper to find out if they also publish immediately, but I think that is possible. And at least the Smartling team is pretty responsive; you probably could schedule a Skype call with them to ask all you need to know.

Hope this helps!
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Sounds interesting... Mar 3, 2014

Renate van den Bos wrote:
We translate their content online in an online tool called Livewords. Advantages are that every translation is immediately visible on their website.

Sounds interesting. Too bad there's no video that shows what translators see.

Does Livewords have the option to let the translator download the source text snippet in a compatible format and then upload the translation again?

If I was such a translator, I would have tried to figure out a way to use my off-line tool pretty much from the start, by checking if I can somehow copy the source text so that I can translate it offline and then paste it back into the online tool. Okay, but that's just me... I realise most translators would not want to do that.

Do you as a translator have access to the TM (to download it) of the other team members?

Renate van den Bos
Renate van den Bos
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Unfortunately exports are not possible Mar 3, 2014

In response to Samuel, unfortunately, exports to a cat tool are possible in Livewords, but pasting it back in is not possible, we already tried this. And no, we also do not have access to the TM (although, we can search in it, but not more than this).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Online translation tool for websites (immediately online visible after translation)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »