Accurate wordcounting for Pagemaker 7.0 files with tables
Thread poster: pragmate
pragmate
pragmate
France
Local time: 00:46
French to English
Nov 11, 2004

I am trying to accuratly count about 80 pagemaker files 7.0 vers which contain loads of tables and graphs. I have tried practicount on transformed pdf files but it counts tables (not to be translated) as words, also there are loads of word repet so i was wondering if the pagemaker files could be used in anyway with trados for conversion prior to and after translation, easily without my computer going up in smoke, I want to avoid anything too complex as my computer knowledge is limited
Than
... See more
I am trying to accuratly count about 80 pagemaker files 7.0 vers which contain loads of tables and graphs. I have tried practicount on transformed pdf files but it counts tables (not to be translated) as words, also there are loads of word repet so i was wondering if the pagemaker files could be used in anyway with trados for conversion prior to and after translation, easily without my computer going up in smoke, I want to avoid anything too complex as my computer knowledge is limited
Thanks
Pauline
Collapse

Selçuk Budak
Selçuk Budak  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:46
English to Turkish
+ ...
STaggerF Nov 11, 2004

Ah! Sorry for my careless misreading it as "Framemaker" So please ignore my post.

[Edited at 2004-11-13 01:46]

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
There is a how to in this forum Nov 11, 2004

Hi! check this link http://www.proz.com/howto/63
Regards,
Brandis

pragmate
pragmate
France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for the info Nov 11, 2004

I shall try the S tagger with trados and also have printed off the forum for reflection and meditation.
Thank you for your quick answers !!

pragmate
pragmate
France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
S-tagger and Pagemaker Nov 11, 2004

As far as i can understand the S-Tagger doesn't work with pagemaker, only Framemaker and Interleaf ?

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Sorry, but this utility does not work with Pagemaker Nov 11, 2004

Selçuk Budak wrote:

Is a conversion utility that comes with Trados for converting Framemaker files into tagged text suitable for translation with MS Word and Trados.

You can also count (and analyze) text as usual by Trados.

For more information, locate and run "STaggerF.exe," open Help. Also, you can search the forums how to use s-tagger.

h.i.h.

It is designad for Framemaker, as you stated, but the software in question is Pagemaker. They are NOT compatible, even if both come from Adobe.

The Trados plug-in for Pagemaker (Story Collector) allows you to export the tagged text from PM, which you can also analyse with Trados.
Pagemaker has an own plug-in for counting words. But both SC and PM plug-in do not count word in embedded tables. I'm not sure, if the story collector proposed in ProZ howto is able to count 'em too.

Regards
Jerzy

pragmate
pragmate
France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Trados 6.5 pôwer LSP Nov 12, 2004

THis implies I presume that I need to invest in Trados 6.5 power LSP, I cannot seem to download any free trial version from the Trados site ??

Wojciech Froelich
Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
Nope Nov 12, 2004

THis implies I presume that I need to invest in Trados 6.5 power LSP, I cannot seem to download any free trial version from the Trados site ??

SC for PageMaker is also a part of the Freelance package.

Wojtek

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
Sure there is a SC in Trados for PageMaker Nov 14, 2004

Hi! consult the help file system under whereever your Trados resides on your system or usually C:\Programme\TRADOS\T65_FL\FI\PM\StoryCollectorPM1033, you might find the right explanation here.
Brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Accurate wordcounting for Pagemaker 7.0 files with tables

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »