Thread poster: hschl
hschl  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:20
Member (2005)
English to German
+ ...
Nov 17, 2004

I trust one of you can help me out.
I have not worked much with VB before, so ths might be easy...

I am working on a prop. software localisation in VB 6, right in the string editor. Now having noticed, that there are MANY repeats and similarities in the terms, I decided to export the string table into Excel, work with Trados and import the file again.

I figued out how to export the string table, but am tired of looking for a way to import the table again...

Any help out there?

Ta

Henrik

Direct link Reply with quote

Romuald Pawlikowski  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Details Nov 17, 2004

Hello,

I used to program in VB6.0 for a while, though I cannot remember any option for exporting its properties into Excel etc. (At least in the MS Visual Studio IDE).

Let me know what editor you used for editing the software strings and what was the procedure that you applied for exporting the strings.

Regards,

Romuald

hschl  Identity Verified
Member (2005)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
more info Nov 17, 2004

I am working via the add-in resource editor, which enables me to mark all lines , right click and "Export data to text file" option copies all 4000 lines onto the clpboard. I can then paste it into Excel. Still looking for an import feature...

Romuald Pawlikowski  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Add-ons Nov 17, 2004

If you used an add-on I cannot really help. Probably it is custom made to accommodate specific needs of the user.

If the add-on has a feature for importing exported lines, then it should work like this:
1. you select the lines in the original code to be imported
2. click the Import option and...

If they designed the add-on with an import feature, then it should be quite easy to spot

Romuald

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Export/ Import String table into/from Visual Basics 6

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search