Quotation software
Thread poster: INSTRKTIV
INSTRKTIV
INSTRKTIV
Germany
Local time: 12:22
Mar 9, 2016

Hi! Is there any special software to easily create quotations for translation jobs in?

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:22
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
What would you like it to do? Mar 10, 2016

I can't really imagine what a tool could do to speed up or automate the process. Just putting everything together in one place?

For me, quoting involves Word or some similar word processing program to check the content, that and my CAT tool for word counts, some templates giving basic outlines of quotes, lots of different risk management procedures to check the client, email facilities to send the reply, and my CV to attach.

I think there would have to be a lot of dupl
... See more
I can't really imagine what a tool could do to speed up or automate the process. Just putting everything together in one place?

For me, quoting involves Word or some similar word processing program to check the content, that and my CAT tool for word counts, some templates giving basic outlines of quotes, lots of different risk management procedures to check the client, email facilities to send the reply, and my CV to attach.

I think there would have to be a lot of duplication to get all that (and probably more) all in one place. But it is a somewhat fiddly process, and it's tempting - and potentially very costly - to overlook the risk management bit. So any automation would be a good idea.
Collapse

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:22
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
TO3000 Mar 10, 2016

INSTRKTIV wrote:
Hi! Is there any special software to easily create quotations for translation jobs in?

I have Translation Office 3000, which I use for quotes and invoices. While it has a few quirks, I find it pretty good overall.

Regards
Dan

Irene McClure
Irene McClure
Local time: 12:22
French to English
+ ...
Another vote for TO3000 Mar 10, 2016

I also use TO3000 (Translation Office 3000) and use it to manage all my client contact details, quotes and invoices.

It saves time because there is no need to retype out all the client info (address, VAT number, etc.) each time (you only enter it once into the software) and can be linked to invoices if the job materialises. You can also use the AnyCount function to determine the word count.

It might be the kind of thing you are looking for.

Irene

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Quotation software

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »