BaccS - Windows-based management and invoicing software for translators
Thread poster: Eugene Kuchynski

Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 19:24
English to French
+ ...
ProZ Plus and BaccS May 9

I already have an answer from BaccS developer (answer = not in the immediate pipeline, no ETA), but since its inclusion in the ProZ Plus basket of features, BaccS is now also available as a Web-version.

http://www.ibaccs.com/Home/Pricing

In this light, I would like to ask whether it would make sense that ProZ Plus offered its members access to either the offline Windows-only Freelance edition, or the online Web-version.

Since ProZ Plus is offered to translators that may work on a Mac or a GNU/Linux computer, it would make sense to ensure the ProZ Plus benefits cater to as many members as possible.

The offered CAT tool (CafeTran Espresso) is an offline, but cross-platform program. Could ProZ Plus offer an option to use the online Web-version of BaccS too? That would make the ROI much more meaningful for Mac and GNU/Linux users.

Jean

[Edited at 2019-05-09 15:15 GMT]

John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 13:24
Member (2008)
French to English
That does the job May 9

Olly Pekelharing wrote:

Hi John,

Not sure if this is what you need, but if you click on the small funnel icon in the top right of the 'Work st.' column header you can select which statuses to display. If you have changed the status to invoiced then you can filter for that.

Cheers,

Olly

Thanks, that's helpful.

Matthijs Frankena  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
But what about SDL now offering BaccS as an SDL product? May 15

Jean Dimitriadis wrote:

I already have an answer from BaccS developer (answer = not in the immediate pipeline, no ETA), but since its inclusion in the ProZ Plus basket of features, BaccS is now also available as a Web-version.

In this light, I would like to ask whether it would make sense that ProZ Plus offered its members access to either the offline Windows-only Freelance edition, or the online Web-version.

(...)
Jean

[Edited at 2019-05-09 15:15 GMT]

Yesterday I learned that SDL has added BaccS to its stall of products for translators. I've not been able to find any information on what that means for us existing BaccS users - how about updates/upgrades? Integration with SDL products is not important to me, as I rarely get to set up a project in Studio and use the analysis for a quote. Most often I either get a project package from a client, or they require me to work in a different CAT tool.

I've asked this also in the SDL community for BaccS, but maybe people here (hi, Eugene!) know more.

BR,

Matthijs

John Fossey

Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
BaccS has been bought by SDL May 15

Matthijs Frankena wrote:

Yesterday I learned that SDL has added BaccS to its stall of products for translators.

It seems that BaccS has even be bought by SDL.

Eugene Kuchynski
Belarus
Local time: 20:24
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Not so easy May 15

Jean Dimitriadis wrote:

Since ProZ Plus is offered to translators that may work on a Mac or a GNU/Linux computer, it would make sense to ensure the ProZ Plus benefits cater to as many members as possible.

The offered CAT tool (CafeTran Espresso) is an offline, but cross-platform program. Could ProZ Plus offer an option to use the online Web-version of BaccS too? That would make the ROI much more meaningful for Mac and GNU/Linux users.

Jean]

Hello, Jean,
Thank you for commenting. I posted previous reply before yours (but mine took longer to publish as I'm not PRO user, and it required moderation).
Things aren't so easy with web version, as currently it is not offered to freelancers. While desktop version doesn't have any hosting-related costs.

Yesterday I learned that SDL has added BaccS to its stall of products for translators. I've not been able to find any information on what that means for us existing BaccS users - how about updates/upgrades? Integration with SDL products is not important to me, as I rarely get to set up a project in Studio and use the analysis for a quote. Most often I either get a project package from a client, or they require me to work in a different CAT tool.

I've asked this also in the SDL community for BaccS, but maybe people here (hi, Eugene!) know more.

BR,

Matthijs

Hello, Matthijs,

We will answer you soon on community forums. Sorry for short delay about this. Nobody still got version 5. Thank you for asking! I suppose there will be some announce soon.

And in case of additional questions, welcome to our new community forums (see link in Matthijs' post)!

Thanks to everyone who supported during these years! It was exciting, and it will be even more exciting.

John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 13:24
Member (2008)
French to English
From the SDL website May 15

Matthijs Frankena wrote:

BR,

Matthijs

From the BaccS FAQ on the SDL website:

I am an existing BaccS user. Will I still be able to use it?

Existing BaccS customers will be offered a free upgrade to the next two versions of BaccS, starting with Version 5.

Customers will be offered free Support and Maintenance for as long as Version 5 remains the latest release.

[Edited at 2019-05-15 18:18 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

BaccS - Windows-based management and invoicing software for translators

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search