FrameMaker and the Russian language
Thread poster: CML
CML
CML  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:46
French to English
+ ...
May 2, 2005

Does anyone have experience with Russian transalations and FrameMaker? Will the US version of FrameMaker support the Russian alphabet?

Boris Kimel
Boris Kimel  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 01:46
English to Russian
+ ...
It should May 2, 2005

As far as I know, there are no special FrameMaker versions (e.g. CE, like for other Adobe products). The version I've seen did work with Russian perfectly.

Wojciech Froelich
Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 00:46
English to Polish
Works fine May 3, 2005

All you have to do is use the appropriate fonts or map the cyryllic script of the font (so the FrameMaker will see it as a separate font). AFAIK you can even define the proper sorting order without any additional tricks.

HTH,
Wojtek

Armando Pattroni
Armando Pattroni  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 17:46
English to Spanish
+ ...
Opening a Russian file in Framemaker Feb 17, 2014

Hello. I know this topic is quite old, but if you could help me or send me a link where I can get help, that would be fine. I am DTPing a file in Russian. I converted the MIF English files into TTX and then sent it to the translator. I got the files back in bilingual TTX. The proble is that the translator uses Tag Editor. Whan I converted the target file into MIF, I open them with FM and the results is no Ruassian characters, only question marks. I tried copying and pasting the russian text from... See more
Hello. I know this topic is quite old, but if you could help me or send me a link where I can get help, that would be fine. I am DTPing a file in Russian. I converted the MIF English files into TTX and then sent it to the translator. I got the files back in bilingual TTX. The proble is that the translator uses Tag Editor. Whan I converted the target file into MIF, I open them with FM and the results is no Ruassian characters, only question marks. I tried copying and pasting the russian text from Tag Editor and it works, but obviously I don't want to go that way. Any ideas?Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

FrameMaker and the Russian language

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »