Infix users: your approach to graphical aspect of tables?
Thread poster: Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
Feb 19, 2019

I would like to hear from experienced Infix users how they handle the graphical aspect of tables after re-importing the translation and fixing the textboxes. Do you resize and move the existing graphical objects that are part of the table? Do you recreate the styling from scratch in Infix using drawing tools? Do you style the translated table in a word processor, then make a screenshot of the table without the text and then import it to Infix as an image? Something else?

[Edited at 2019-0
... See more
I would like to hear from experienced Infix users how they handle the graphical aspect of tables after re-importing the translation and fixing the textboxes. Do you resize and move the existing graphical objects that are part of the table? Do you recreate the styling from scratch in Infix using drawing tools? Do you style the translated table in a word processor, then make a screenshot of the table without the text and then import it to Infix as an image? Something else?

[Edited at 2019-02-19 16:37 GMT]
Collapse

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 17:45
Spanish to English
+ ...
4 words Feb 26, 2019

"Not my job, mate". I consider myself a wordsmith, not a graphic designer. I offer translation and revision services at very reasonable rates, which I am able to do because one of my collaboration conditions is that clients are responsible for the graphic content of the documents. It saves me an awful lot of time.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Infix users: your approach to graphical aspect of tables?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »