Firefox and GDT: problem with cookies?
Thread poster: Sylvain Leray

Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:49
Member (2003)
German to French
Jul 9, 2005

Hi,

Since I upgraded Mozilla Firefox to version 1.0.4, I can not save my "preferences" anymore for the Grand dictionnaire. Each time I edit my preferences (bilingual display of the fields, etc.), it works for a session but when I reopen Firefox, all the settings are lost and I must edit my preferences anew.

It is the sole site for which it behaves so. I checked the settings for the cookies and even added the GDT in the list "Always accept", to no avail. And when I display all the cookies stored in my browser, there are no cookies for the Grand dictionnaire!

It worked perfectly with the previous versions of Firefox... for info, my AV is Antivir, no firewall activated.

Any hint ? Thank you in advance!

Sylvain

[Edited at 2005-07-09 12:33]


 

Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
English to German
+ ...
It works for me.. Jul 9, 2005

I am using Firefox 1.0.4 and the GDT keeps my preferences even after I closed Firefox, and I did not change any Firefox settings.

Are you sure you clicked "Poursuivre" and "Enregistrer mes préférences"?


 

Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:49
Member (2003)
German to French
TOPIC STARTER
Yes Jul 9, 2005

Harry_B wrote:

Are you sure you clicked "Poursuivre" and "Enregistrer mes préférences"?


Yes Harry, and I do it every timeicon_frown.gif
The strange thing, as I mentioned, is that there are no GDT-cookies in my cookies list, although they are authorized for the site...


 

Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
English to German
+ ...
Maybe reinstall it? Jul 9, 2005

I found granddictionnaire.com in my cookies list, deleted it, opened GDT and set my preferences again, no problem.

I noticed the checkbox "Einmal entfernte Cookies nicht mehr akzeptieren", which looks like a suspicious functionality, even if you did not activate it and delete the cookie accidentially.
- Maybe it would help to deinstall and reinstall Firefox?


 

Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:49
Member (2003)
German to French
TOPIC STARTER
Nope Jul 10, 2005

Harry_B wrote:

I found granddictionnaire.com in my cookies list, deleted it, opened GDT and set my preferences again, no problem.

I noticed the checkbox "Einmal entfernte Cookies nicht mehr akzeptieren", which looks like a suspicious functionality, even if you did not activate it and delete the cookie accidentially.
- Maybe it would help to deinstall and reinstall Firefox?


Thank you Harry, but the said box is not activated, and a new installation did'nt do the trick neither...

Well, then I'll have to wake up 30 seconds earlier each day to make up for the time I spend setting my preferencesicon_smile.gif

Have a nice sunday!
Sylvain


 

Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
English to German
+ ...
Strange.. Jul 10, 2005

Sylvain Leray wrote:
Thank you Harry, but the said box is not activated, and a new installation did'nt do the trick neither...

Well, then I'll have to wake up 30 seconds earlier each day to make up for the time I spend setting my preferencesicon_smile.gif

Are you sure there is no imprecation on your computer, Sylvain?icon_wink.gif

Anyway, a regular task of 30 seconds a day could be another task for MacroMagic..icon_smile.gif

[Edited at 2005-07-10 10:45]


 

Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:49
Member (2003)
German to French
TOPIC STARTER
- Jul 10, 2005

Harry_B wrote:

Are you sure there is no imprecation on your computer, Sylvain?icon_wink.gif

Anyway, a regular task of 30 seconds a day could be another task for MacroMagic..icon_smile.gif

[Edited at 2005-07-10 10:45]


Does MacroMagic work for Websites too ? I can not figure out how it can set my preferences when I connect on the GDT.

Sylvain, curious this timeicon_wink.gif


 

Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
English to German
+ ...
Theoretically, yes Jul 10, 2005

Sylvain Leray wrote:
Does MacroMagic work for Websites too ? I can not figure out how it can set my preferences when I connect on the GDT.

Practically, it does not recognize the GDT window title as a trigger - I have no idea whyicon_confused.gif
But it can open the first page of GDT preferences directly and perform the desired clicks.icon_smile.gif


 

Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
English to German
+ ...
New Version of MacroMagic available Jul 10, 2005

You can download Version 4.1 t now.
It still does not recognise the GDT window titleicon_rolleyes.gif
but finally it does recognise the MagicKeys.icon_smile.gif

This means: when you open the GDT page the focus is in the search field. There you could type in a trigger word like prefs and MacroMagic would perform the required mouse and/or key actions to set your preferences.icon_smile.gif

[Edited at 2005-07-10 12:28]


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Firefox and GDT: problem with cookies?

Advanced search






PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search