Can you recommend a good email notifier?
Thread poster: Ines Garcia Botana

Ines Garcia Botana  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 28, 2005

I have been working with Pop Tray but suddenly it stopped working properly. I need one perfectly suitable to be run in the background with a tray icon being shown and that at the same time quietly scans my email accounts for new viruses. I would like to open my emails there and to delete them too!

I'll appreciate your help!

Thank you!
Inés

Direct link Reply with quote

Christian
Local time: 08:56
English to German
+ ...
PopMan Oct 29, 2005

Hi!

I've been using PopMan for a couple of months and I'm more than satisfied with this program. You can find it here:
http://www.ch-software.de/popman/

Best wishes,
Christian

Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:26
English to Tamil
+ ...
Try ePrompter Oct 29, 2005

Please see http://www.eprompter.com/

I am using this email-client to scan my various email id's. I can review full messages and delete them from here itself. Only in case of attachments I have to open the concerned mailbox in the traditional manner.

Regards,
N.Raghavan

English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you to both of you! Oct 29, 2005

I can see that people do not use email notifiers!
Thank you for your ideas! It is an essential tool for me!

Cheers!
Inés

Jabberwock  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
What version of PopTray? Oct 30, 2005

I am also using PopTray, I have checked many notifiers and this one seems to be the best.

Which version are you using? The newest beta? There seem to be some problems with that version, I had to go back to 3.1...

Or maybe reinstallation would help?

English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Jabberwock Oct 30, 2005

Jabberwock wrote:

I am also using PopTray, I have checked many notifiers and this one seems to be the best.

Which version are you using? The newest beta? There seem to be some problems with that version, I had to go back to 3.1...

Or maybe reinstallation would help?

You are absolutely right! I have already checked the ones I mentioned above but no one is as good as PopTray...

It worked fine for several months, then I downloaded the beta version and everything changed. I have 5 email addresses, and it worked with only 2. (Obviously the two I rarely use!)

I also reinstalled it, but the beta version... I'll try again with 3.1...

Thank you for your advice!

Have a good Sunday!
Inés

English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It doesn't work for me... :-( Oct 30, 2005

I have already downloaded PopTray Version 3.1 again, and tested it but keeps not working...

What a pity!

Inés

Fuad Yahya  Identity Verified
Arabic
+ ...
MailAlert Oct 30, 2005

My wife and I used this program from 1997 to 2002. It was the best notifier we tried.

http://www.mailalert.com/software/mailalert/index.htm

Subhamay Ray  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:26
English to Bengali
+ ...
Mailbell Oct 30, 2005

I am using Mailbell and I like it. Please check : http://www.emtec.com/mailbell/index.html

daruthie
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jetmail monitor Nov 3, 2005

I use Jetmail and think it is very good. You can check quite a few addresses (at least ten) with it and it is very easy to configure.

You can use sounds, text boxes or force your e-mail client to open with Jetmail when you get a message, and it has a task bar icon that also tells you whether you have mail.

I *think* I downloaded it from www.softonic.com but can have a proper look later if you are interested.

English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Suhhamay! Nov 3, 2005

Subhamay Ray wrote:

I am using Mailbell and I like it. Please check : http://www.emtec.com/mailbell/index.html[/quote]

I will try this one too to see if it meets "my needs" Up to now, PopTray was the best one, but it isn't working properly now!

Thank you!

Inés

English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi, Daruthie Nov 3, 2005

daruthie wrote:

You can use sounds, text boxes or force your e-mail client to open with Jetmail when you get a message, and it has a task bar icon that also tells you whether you have mail.

I *think* I downloaded it from www.softonic.com but can have a proper look later if you are interested.

I'll try this one, too! I need one with sounds!

I'll let you know!
Thanks!!!

Inés

daruthie
Spanish to English
+ ...
URL Nov 8, 2005

Hi, here's the URL for downloading (plus a bit of info. about the programme), in case you haven't found it http://www.jetaudio.com/download/jetmmonitor.html

Let me know what you think. I've only ever used this one but you sound like you've tried a few, so I'd be interested to hear what you think about it (I don't work for them, honestly ).

Ruth

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can you recommend a good email notifier?

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search